In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

I was surprised yesterday to find some dandelions in bloom and also some may apples up already. Much earlier than normal and also in the afternoon I had those pesky bugs flying around my head. These things usually happen much later here. I'd say we are about 10 days to 2 weeks early this year.

bogieb, Chvymn99, Horkn and 5 others like this.
  2. tree killer

tree killer

We went over to one of our friends down the road and noticed dandelions flowered out at his place. Way too early. We figure we are a month ahead here compared to normal. Our grass is getting pretty green and starting to grow right around the house. Normally there is still snow or ice covering much of the lawn and it’s drying up, still squishy to walk on but no standing water anywhere. We were dry last year but supposedly caught up in the fall, starting really dry this spring with little runoff and not much for rain so far. Makes me nervous about a burn ban. We have a lot of stuff I was going to clear out for a shed this summer and burn it.

bogieb, Chvymn99, Horkn and 4 others like this.
  3. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

We have had them for a week or two already here...heck, I've even seen some in seed already!
    I guess that means black flies for the GTG then, huh?

bogieb, Chvymn99, Horkn and 4 others like this.
  4. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Clems, what kind of paint did you use on the interior door vinyl, and any advice for deep scratches? (large doggie claws on aged vinyl, like the pic below), maybe sand them or fill them in with something before painting?
    [​IMG]

5. Chud

Chud

Had op knee surgery this morning to trim meniscus tear, so I’m horizontal the rest of the day. Hopefully it’s only today, because I’m not built to be still.
    I recently got a new phone and I have to send the old one in for trade. I started to erase stuff off the old one. There is a reason I use chainsaw s for a living. I had passwords, work lists, various important stuff in notes, so I erased it all. It’s on my new phone so I think it will have no effect on my new phone. Of course I hit delete trash too not thinking about how cloud storage works. Looks like I’m going to be creating lots of new usernames and passwords.

Midwinter, bogieb, yooperdave and 5 others like this.
  6. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Scratch that, if I'm going to take the panel off to sand and paint, well, the window only rolls down 2/3 , and I need new hardware on my wing window, and......... the weather stripping is shot. I've fixed the scissor window roller thing a couple times over the years. It was a serious PITA and I doubt I'm able to now, I might as well have someone do it and fix all issues on that door at once.

7. Backwoods Savage

Kenis will not like that but they could be gone by then.

8. fishingpol

fishingpol

I ended up booking a chipper for later this week. Between lack of rain and lots of wind this spring, I probably won't be able to burn. I'll prep the piles tomorrow. Brush piles add up fast.

9. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Chud, I've given old smart phones away before, I wipe out the hard, or set it back to factory default before letting it go anywhere, it's easier than deleting things by hand. Hope the knee feels better soon.

10. Backwoods Savage

This picture was taken in April, 2018. I think it was somewhere around April 25 ot in there somewhere. Notice there was only a trace of snow left but the ice got thick that night. lol
    Ice in April.jpg

11. tree killer

tree killer

Yes they do. We have a larger than average lawn and stuff always breaks in the winter to clean up. Driveway is 400 feet of the same. Plus cleaning up dead stuff that’s just ugly. And I really want to do this shed this year and most of the stuff that needs cutting is trash to begin with. It’ll all burn in a fun evening with friends. Chippers aren’t fun to me.

12. tree killer

tree killer

BB1F77E8-E7E7-4DD9-893A-72EE7C8B4C65.jpeg
    Just took this. This is the area I plow tons of snow from my driveway. Normally there are still some pretty good sized banks. This year I got my wood early March trying to beat the road posting. It was just barely touching the banks in the back of the pile. Usually can’t put anything there until close to May, if not into May.

13. DaveGunter

DaveGunter

Skeeters out here, easy a month early.

14. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Peepers are out here love it

15. Horkn

Horkn

Isn't that hard plastic, not vinyl? If it's plastic, fill it in with something, maybe epoxy, or bondo, then paint over them with plastic paint.

16. Horkn

Horkn

Factory reset it. Done.

17. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Yes, it's hard plastic, I'm confused because the 2 youtubes I watched used "vinyl and cloth" paint and referred to those pieces as vinyl :loco: :crazy:. Yes, absolutely rigid.

18. Chud

Chud

Hopefully I’ll remember that 8yrs from now. Phone lessons learned. Both phones have to have same version of os for quick start transfer.
    Everything is in the cloud. No need for manual delete, or phone to phone transfer.Don’t do delete forever. Apple needs a deleted recovery option for dummies.

19. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

20. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Next time Chud, make a “Wanted” post in the FHC classified ads and line things up