In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

But lots of work trying to make things tight. Besides my dislike of pallets in general.

2. Backwoods Savage

No thanks

3. Backwoods Savage

But did that do any harm? I've done it; just make sure nothing or nobody around at the time and have some fun. However, I would not do it where people or animals might wander... Mine has all been in the deep woods so no harm done.

4. Backwoods Savage

A longggggg time ago I worked in a shop for a while and there was a man who daily took home pallets and cut-offs from the shipping room. He was planning on building a house with them. He did get started but soon just turned into a shed. It looked awful...

5. Horkn

Horkn

It is.

So..... 200w.gif

6. Horkn

Horkn

Big issue I see as well. Our local pallet supplier can't even get workers to make the pallets, on top of the wood prices and such.

Then you wonder why pretty much all the food in grocery stores is much higher priced than it used to be only a few years ago.

7. Eric Wanderweg

Eric Wanderweg

No harm done. I was working by myself in that area while my uncle was running the splitter 100 feet away. As entertaining as it was, I’m going to try not doing that again. I could see things going sideways fast if the saw was still in the cut when the tree decides to become a catapult.

8. mat60

mat60

9. Horkn

Horkn

Lunch break. Got more stacked in the shed, and lawn clean up too.

10. Warner

Warner

Yeah that is is pretty dangerous situation. Glad you didn’t find out the hard way.

11. Horkn

Horkn

I got all the front tree rounds TCO. Well, at least off the lawn and down below where I'll split then when I get the splitter fixed.

Then I was cleaning up the sheets of bark from the back yard tree. I didn't want the grass to get killed off. I then peeled the bark off of the trunk.

And I noticed something.

:bug: yellow jackets

20210411_165939(1).jpg
    They were in between the bark and the wood.
    See if you can find them.
    Killed them all with the the same amount of mercy they'd have given me. None.

They couldn't fly because it was only about 50°.

I got a pretty good load of the bark.
    20210411_165947(1).jpg

I'm done for the day.

12. yooperdave

yooperdave

[​IMG]

13. Horkn

Horkn

Ok, I wasn't done. I raked up almost all of the twigs and scraps from the ash in front and burned or disposed of that. I stuffed the garbage can full as the garbage gets picked up tomorrow.

14. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Its only 10 seconds long...must watch, with sound on.

15. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

Dang it. Won't play.

16. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Super cute, doggie watching football game, jumps up when the commentator yells in delight after a touch down. (unless is was soccer and it was a goal), same idea.

17. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Real Friends Share Life
    By Pastor Jeff Seward
    “Tychicus, a beloved brother, faithful minister, and fellow servant in the Lord, will tell you all the news about me. I am sending him to you for this very purpose, that he may know your circumstances and comfort your hearts, with Onesimus, a faithful and beloved brother, who is one of you. They will make known to you all things which are happening here.”—Colossians 4:7–9 (NKJV)

Real and sincere friendships are invaluable, yet rare. In our modern culture, the average relationship is often only on the surface and superficial. Many people do not experience the depth in relationships that the Lord calls us to and ordains for us. Why? Lack of commitment, lack of interest, time constraints, and fear of being open and vulnerable. Relationships take work and effort.

The Bible shares a great story of friendship between two young men: Jonathan and David. They loved each other as true friends. It was a rich phileo, or brotherly love. Jonathan willingly gave everything he had to David. In 1 Samuel 18:1 (MEV) we read, "When [David] had finished speaking to Saul, the soul of Jonathan was bound to the soul of David, so that Jonathan loved him as his own soul." Jonathan was an encourager to David, and he helped protect him from his own evil father, King Saul.

The Lord has at least one person in your life who can be like a Jonathan to you and you for them. It has to start first with you and your willingness. God will lead you to the right person. The Lord knows your relationship needs and offers to lead you to who He has prepared for you. The Bible instructs us that “a man who has friends must himself be friendly, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother” (Proverbs 18:24 NKJV).

In concluding his personal letter to the Colossians, the apostle Paul mentions two people in particular he loves and who’ve made a difference in his life and in the lives of others. He shared life with these people.

Tychicus: Paul describes him as beloved, faithful, and a comforter. He was a great encourager. He ministered to Paul and was a minister for Paul. He had a shepherd’s heart. He was imprisoned with Paul in Rome.

Onesimus: Originally from Colossae, he became a faithful and beloved brother. He had only been a believer for a short time and yet proved faithful. He had been a runaway slave, met Paul in a prison cell, became a Christian, and then lived a productive life. His name means “useful.” His life is a great witness to many of a life turned around after accepting Christ into his heart. He went from being useless to being useful.

Start serving now and watch how the Lord will use you. And along the way, I promise you’ll even make a few great friends like Paul did!

DIG: Would you count yourself as a faithful friend?

DISCOVER: Do you have at least one close friendship? One where you both have a real care for each other and an honest relationship?

DO: Like Tychicus and Onesimus, you were created for relationships and serving others. Be intentional about initiating relationships with others who God has placed in your life. Proverbs 18:24 (MSG) says, “Friends come and friends go, but a true friend sticks by you like family.”

18. Loon

Loon

Cheque was sent yesterday ww. :ups: :coldone:

bogieb, Horkn, yooperdave and 4 others like this.
  19. lukem

lukem

Got a wild hair this AM and gave the boiler it's spring cleaning. Cleaned out the draft induction chamber, reburn chamber, and the damper. Messy job but only once a year.

bogieb, eatonpcat, yooperdave and 4 others like this.
  20. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Oh my God is that funny. That dog is into it more than the chicken.