In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Hope everyone is good after the storms

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by bogydave, Jul 28, 2014.

  1. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    New shoed lots of trees down in several places.
    Hope everyone here made it thru unscathed

    59° & raining here
     
    Stinny and HoneyFuzz like this.
  2. Daryl

    Daryl

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    2,164
    Likes Received:
    4,239
    Rains or storms here almost every day. I gave up and ignore it.
     
    papadave likes this.
  3. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Where's here ?
     
  4. Daryl

    Daryl

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    2,164
    Likes Received:
    4,239
    The swamp,,.,aka....nwpa.
     
  5. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    Dave, wet as heck around here also. Monsoon season.
    Wife wanted a bonfire tonight.........took enough 50:1 to get it started, I could've cut a cord instead.o_O
     
    HoneyFuzz likes this.
  6. nate

    nate Banned

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2014
    Messages:
    2,027
    Likes Received:
    2,291
    Location:
    Palmer, AK
    I don't follow much news, so not sure what storms.

    I'm wishing for a bit more summer. Seems we have just about rolled into fall already.
    Seemed like it was going to be somewhat nice today. Overcast and cool, spitting here and there. I can work in a bit of rain, it's not fun, but oh well.

    Did that for several hours than the skies opened up. I could have grabbed a bar of Irish Springs and took a cold shower!
    Packed up the saw and gear and came home. 30 mile drive and I realize the wood hauler doesn't have working wipers. Windows fogging all to heck from me being so wet.
    Wrang out my dripping wet clothes, hot shower, hot meal and I'm still cold several hours later. Almost built a fire but it's 70* in the house (50* outside). Maybe I'll stick the dog under the sheets :D

    Between that, the VA medical deal and also dealing with a truck driving school and GI Bill it was headache of a day.
     
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  7. HoneyFuzz

    HoneyFuzz

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2014
    Messages:
    4,490
    Likes Received:
    14,862
    Location:
    Northeast , Ohio
    Hefty storms up in Ohio here...doin ok though. Mostly dealing with a lot of run off !
     
    Stinny likes this.
  8. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
  9. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    Whipped up a good T storm, followed by heavy rain, everything still intact but very wet. Sun out now, In the 70's, mild breeze. Very pleasant. I don't work anymore, so I get to enjoy the good weather when we get a day here and there.
     
  10. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,983
    Likes Received:
    312,190
    Location:
    Central MI
    Had a few more showers move through this afternoon but only a few claps of thunder and no wind to speak of. Warm this morning; into 70's but cooled off fast in afternoon again.