In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Deal struck to legalize pot in New York

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by thewoodlands, Mar 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

2. Eric Wanderweg

Eric Wanderweg

We'll see.... All I'll say is that legality aside, people that toke up are going to toke up regardless.

3. Screwloose

Screwloose

It's definitely a good thing. My shop is in Illinois and it's legal. They get tax money, it hasn't been stuffed in someone's underwear or contaminated ect.
    Police don't have to waste your tax money filling out paperwork......court time...
    It's not like it's even being publicly seen.
    Bigger things we should worry about.

4. Eric Wanderweg

Eric Wanderweg

My guess is that there will be an initial craze of mostly soccer moms that haven't done it since college going out and buying an eighth ounce just to relive out their youth. But for the regulars that have been doing it all along, fat chance you'll see them waiting in line at the dispensary just to get taxed at 30 something percent on it. Oh, and the sky won't fall in :cool:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  5. SloMoJoe

SloMoJoe

Michigan got medical marijuana first. it was sold as for the people suffering. Then once that happened, anyone who wanted it got a doctor's to OK it. I know someone who got a pot prescription for an ingrown toenail. So I'm sure it helped a few people that were really suffering, but it turned ridiculous pretty fast. It was essentially legal, because certain doctors offices would write a script for anyone for any reason. Then we legalized it for recreational use, and I didn't see much difference, aside from it saved a bunch of people $100 or whatever by not having to get a script.

I can't say I have noticed much of a difference, aside from recreational pot billboards all over the place.

So, New York says it's fine. Well, the first thing they do when any truck gets in a wreck is to drug test the driver. I bet trucking companies (and anyone with big liability) still have drug testing & you'd still lose your job if you test positive for it, no matter what New York says.

6. Jack Straw

Jack Straw

That’s a great point about the testing!

Screwloose, FatBoy85, Chaz and 6 others like this.
  7. Warner

Warner

Why not legalize it? If a person can go to a liquor store and buy enough booze to literally kill them selves. What harm is a plant that grows in the dirt?

8. Eric Wanderweg

Eric Wanderweg

There's a societal taboo about the plant from decades ago that won't go away. It's socially acceptable for someone to get blacked out drunk at a wedding, wreck their car, hit their wife etc. But for someone to have a joint and order Domino's he's lambasted as being some kind of screw up, on par with skid row criminals. Or the idea that it's a gateway drug and that it's only a matter of time before the casual pot smoker ends up with a needle in his arm, walking the neighborhood with a shopping cart looking for cans to recycle so he can get his next fix. It just isn't so. Meanwhile alcohol can kill you if you have too much while you're awake, while you're asleep, and if you're a chronic long time alcoholic and you quit cold turkey without medical attention, it'll kill you in a bout of delirium tremens.

Screwloose, Chaz, Softwood and 10 others like this.
  9. yooperdave

yooperdave

Can't get any answers about sexual harassment/assualts or nursing home deaths? Throw the dogs a bone, I guess?

10. BCB

BCB

LOL that's not why he's catching crap. They were lining him up as a Presidential candidate while he was putting covid + people in nursing homes causing deaths there to skyrocket. Cuomo pizzed off a certain group of people by calling them out for ignoring the state's guidelines regarding gatherings.

11. Jack Straw

Jack Straw

Please, keep a lid on the politics! :thumbs:

12. Eric Wanderweg

Eric Wanderweg

Woahhhhh buddy! Although I am more than a little entertained by this one, most on here would report you for it. I’d hate to see you get banned.

13. JimBear

JimBear

I thought spoke to the “social taboo” & “deviant behaviors” but I can see where some folks would be offended, my apologies.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
  14. Warner

Warner

I thought it was hilarious!

15. Mr Brick

Mr Brick

You'll lose your rights to any kind of insurance claims if you have THC in your system, and you're injured on a construction site in NH. We've had medical marijuana since 2013, but I think that's as far as we'll get.

Screwloose, FatBoy85, Camber and 3 others like this.
  16. Eric Wanderweg

Eric Wanderweg

Yeah don’t get me wrong, I’d love a section on this forum full of every form of debauchery and politically incorrect humor, but it’s not in the cards. The last thing in the world I want to do is censor you, really. I’m just looking out for you.

17. Mr Brick

Mr Brick

Dang, I missed it.

18. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

That’s how I felt; the govt is funny though. I often wondered what native Americans put in the “peace pipes” :whistle:

Screwloose, FatBoy85, Chaz and 4 others like this.
  19. Warner

Warner

Google 70’s reefer French horn ad.

Screwloose, FatBoy85, Chaz and 6 others like this.
  20. Warner

Warner

Hmmm, I did play the trumpet in the school band...I think it’s still kicking round her somewhere... it’s Friday night...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.