In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Maple Branch

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by thewoodlands, Jul 26, 2014.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    This is up in the area I hauled the last Cherry from today, once I get this cut up, the old trail to a ridge should be opened up.
     

    Attached Files:

    Greg, Fanatical1, HoneyFuzz and 8 others like this.
  2. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Nice pics. Nothing like trail breaking and clean up work. Beautiful woods you have!
     
    HoneyFuzz and thewoodlands like this.
  3. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    A trail to a ridge sounds good.
     
    HoneyFuzz and thewoodlands like this.
  4. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    Pic 72 shows a lot of underbrush, is it a clearing?
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  5. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Not really, I think they either lost or cut some trees in that area years ago.
     
  6. HoneyFuzz

    HoneyFuzz

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2014
    Messages:
    4,490
    Likes Received:
    14,862
    Location:
    Northeast , Ohio
    Very nice woods indeed ! I consider it a gift when branches just fall out of the sky for me to cut :). As long as they dont fall on me !
     
  7. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I have some stump removal that will need to be finished before sledding season so we can come down the backside of that ridge.

    Someone put a trail in but never removed some stumps, it should be a one or two day job at the most.
     
    Well Seasoned and HoneyFuzz like this.