In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Painting the ground yellow

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by jrider, Mar 21, 2021.

  1. jrider

    jrider

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2018
    Messages:
    6,101
    Likes Received:
    43,032
    Location:
    NJ
    Finally got into this mixed hardwood pile and forgot what I had in there species wise. Casually looked at the first log I put on the forks and thought elm. As soon as I started cutting I saw the bright yellow chips flying and and then I thought yes, mulberry! A decent size one too.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,500
    Likes Received:
    113,882
    Location:
    KC Metro
    Yep... a nice dead one too...
     
  3. Chud

    Chud

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2020
    Messages:
    7,268
    Likes Received:
    54,169
    Location:
    NC
    Wonder if it’s a Red Mulberry? They can grow into a decent size tree.
     
  4. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,864
    Likes Received:
    121,507
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    Mulberry is great firewood! Nice score. :thumbs:
     
  5. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,804
    Likes Received:
    215,338
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    Its fun to see the yellow chips vs. red oak. Wish i could score more of it.
     
  6. WinonaRail

    WinonaRail

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2020
    Messages:
    4,024
    Likes Received:
    19,893
    Location:
    Indiana, US
    Mulberry grows like weeds around here. I'll gladly trade some nice splits for your black locust. :whistle::rofl: :lol: