In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Need help repairing washing machine.

Discussion in 'The DIY Room' started by PA Mountain Man, Feb 1, 2021.

1. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Wait a while, at least until they get more non dispatch-able things hooked to the grid Texas will look like a cakewalk.

wildwest, Loon and Horkn like this.
  2. Horkn

Horkn

Wherever they want it to end.

3. JCMC

JCMC

Had a LG front load with the same issues checked out this and that and the other thing, all said and done bought a new Speed Queen top load, can't believe how much cleaner the laundry is now and they still make them without all the bells and whistles.

M2theB, Horkn, blujacket and 3 others like this.
  4. JCMC

JCMC

By the way Speed Queen is American Made.

fox9988, blujacket and Erik B like this.
  5. Warner

Warner

Made in Wisconsin, I learned from Horkn.:D

blujacket and Horkn like this.
  6. chris

chris

Ripon Wi.

JRHAWK9 and Horkn like this.
  7. Horkn

Horkn

To be exact;)

8. JRHAWK9

JRHAWK9

Speed Queen

yepper....pretty much the only washer to buy these days......if looking for reliability that is. If wanting something with glitz and glammer and something "fancy", it's not for you. Went back to a top loader because front loaders are pretty much designed to fail prematurely due to the loading the bearing endures. Many repairmen told me this.

We bought the last of the "older" AWN432 models a few years ago before they changed the agitation a bit. It's old school dial with no electronic panel. I could have got the model with the electronic panel but I didn't want it.

This is the electronic panel version of what we have.

fox9988, M2theB, Horkn and 1 other person like this.
  9. JRHAWK9

JRHAWK9

Our family farm finally bought a Speed Queen for the barn last year or so after my recommendation. They were constantly going through washers as they are used A LOT. They would just keep getting them replaced through warranty but they finally said that was enough and put an end to that.

Horkn and brenndatomu like this.
  10. golf66

golf66

Sorry to hear about this. Having been there and done that, you are likely in checkmate with this thing as a lot of Bosch products just aren't made to last. Silly things break and the repair cost becomes prohibitive. We had a fancy schmancy front-loading Bosch washer and it went all of three years before it threw error codes and the door wouldn't open. Bosch tech support said the main control board was shot, $600.00 for the part alone. I gave the sledgehammer a good workout that day. We bought a Maytag Centennial and it has been going strong for ten years.

We had a Bosch dishwasher last only a year before it stopped working and of course the repair would have cost almost as much as the machine itself. My Buderus (Bosch) wall hung boiler is no longer supported by Bosch and no plumbers will touch it.

Big Old Smelly Crap Heap

11. Warner

Warner

I feel your pain with Buderus. I have a “top of the line” blue flame boiler. Nobody wants to touch it. The one company that would work on it we’re a bunch of hacks. The owner wrote me a letter during a dispute about the bill for a repair, Basically tellin me to pay up because he knew they were the only company in the area that would work on it. I will let my house freeze before I call that clown again.

12. Horkn

Horkn

We have a crown wall hung high efficiency boiler that's a buderus, just red. I've had to replace a couple parts, but it's been pretty good really. But yes, trying to find someone that will even tough it is tough, especially up in the rural northwoods. Yup there boiler guys are old school. They don't understand anything not designed in the 1980's. I've replaced the combustion fan and some other sensor myself. No biggie.

No offense to the old farts, but they simply don't want to have to relearn what they thought they knew everything about.

13. Semipro

Semipro

Our Bosch clothes washer is still working but if/when it goes we may be looking into one of these by Staber. Commercial & Residential Laundry Equipment | Staber Industries, Inc.
    They seem to come highly recommended by those that value durability and function over bells and whistles.
    Sadly, the Speed Queen we thought would be our last clothes washer died after a few years use like 25 years ago.

14. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I read that term elsewhere lately and could not figure out what it meant. I get it now.
    Same for me, plus my daily 'uniforms" consist of light weight tshirts, I ordered one, tried it for 3 weeks, it put tiny rips and tears all over them :zip:. I returned it.

PA Mountain Man likes this.