I’ve only been on this site a short time and you already talked me into this.. I’ve just been splitting with an old 8#(I think) menards special maul. I've also built a hookaroon and hoarded some pallets from work for future wood storage.. Thanks a lot
Got to play with the new toys on a little dead standing oak a little before dark. It was easy splitting wood but was super happy with the X27. With the big maul I have to make sure I’m squared up pretty good or risk tweeking something. With the X27 I definitely didn’t have to worry about that. got a little punky towards the base but still %28 moisture in the good wood inside the punk. (and no I never had a MM before I found this site ) And I know I'm a rookie picture poster, no saw or x27 or pickaroon in the pic..
Looks like your already happy with your new tool. I find the X27 splits as good as a basic 8lb maul at half the weight. Next up you’ll “need” the Isocore for the big stuff. You won’t be disappointed!
It's pretty nice, I'm glad I bought it. Haven't got to use it a ton yet or on anything too gnarly but made some quick work of some poplar last weekend.