In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Using the wrong Fiskars / Nordic models

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Yawner, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Yawner

Yawner

Two posts in one...

I am a Fiskars fan, have several of their firewood tools. Came across this, never saw it before... according to this, I should use a shorter splitting axe than the x27!

Also, have never seen this... Fiskars Nordic models... sure look nice. N12 caught my eye but I think it's too short for general use. It's only 19 inches. For 8" logs or less, it'd work. I wish they made a longer one.

NordenĀ® N12 Splitting Axe (19 in.) | Fiskars

2. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Interesting video. I originally owned an X25 and took me a while to get used to the shorter handle vs a "standard" handle length. Now i have the X27, use it a lot and catch myself choking up on it all the time.
    I really should get another X25.

3. RIburn

RIburn

Loving the x25 I received this week - as is the wife. She appreciates the lighter weight and helped me css almost 2 face cord this afternoon. More brawn than the axe, lighter than the potential mauls. Cannot say enough positive as of this point!

4. Yawner

Yawner

Is the head on the x27 and x25 the same head?

If anyone has a Nordic model axe, chime in.

5. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

I think they are. I got a gift for Xmas that i'll be returning to TSC. Ill use the credit toward an X25.