In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Mtronic Question

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by buZZsaw BRAD, Jan 11, 2021.

1. stuckinthemuck

stuckinthemuck

Almost sounds similar to a core lock... but instead a core lock happens due to rapid cooling rather than rapid heating and can have much worse results...

What Went Wrong: The Crash Of Flight 3701

However, when an engine is shut down suddenly at high torque, high altitude, and it isn't restarted immediately, metal parts inside the engine begin to cool and contract at different rates. In rare cases, metal can contact metal and prevent the core from rotating freely--core lock.

Screwloose, Horkn and brenndatomu like this.
  2. Ronaldo

Ronaldo

Definitely keep posting and stick around. The correction was not meant to be degrading in any way. Mag Craft is not that kind of guy. We all have things to learn and the more the merrier.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

3. Chud

Chud

No, I enjoy your enthusiasm for Stihl saws, engineering and spirited chainsaw threads.
    Stick around and you may learn the difference between a bar cover and scabbard. I could post pics of the difference, but dumf doesn’t seem to be around anymore.

4. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

X2 I like your input and wisdon happysawer4741 . Its hard sometimes to interpret what one means on social media. This being the only SM i chat on. Mag Craft is a great guy and has been very helpful since ive been a member here.
    The member you speak of Chud got canned! :dancer:

5. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

When you pick out your own user name and you pick out one that is short for "dumb fock"...:picard::headbang::picard::headbang::picard::headbang:

6. Yawner

Yawner

Ok, so what's the difference in a scabbard and a bar cover? lol (I really want to know, never thought about it.) I just call them scabbards.

Screwloose likes this.
  7. Warner

Warner

No real logger calls it a scabbard.:singingintherain::singingintherain:

send a Benjamin to downest Maine...

Lol

brenndatomu and Screwloose like this.
  8. happysawer4741

happysawer4741 Banned

Getting back to Chainsaws have you seen the Video's of Bucken Billy Ray, to Donny Walker's Saw Shop?
    There is a lot to learn about the porting of production chainsaws, and how much work gos into getting it done.
    From watching many videos of people both in tree felling and in bucking firewood, you quickly understand time is important both in making money and getting the work done quickly.
    This is where men like Donny Walker and others get the most out of a chainsaw, then there is another subject meaning the "Chains" this we will cover in another thread i am sure.
    Here is one of the Video of Walkers Saw Shop.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    Screwloose and buZZsaw BRAD like this.
  9. Chud

Chud

I’ll take a scabbard pic tomorrow at work. I only have bar covers for my saws. The Stihl scabbard slides all the way onto the clutch cover and kind of clips into the depression for bar nuts. You have to pull up on that clip to remove a scabbard.

buZZsaw BRAD and Screwloose like this.