In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Yesterday's work

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Horkn, Jan 13, 2021.

  1. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,181
    Likes Received:
    166,515
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    I cut this and split it yesterday. 20210112_162819(1).jpg

    Ash and white pine. The pine will finish off next year's shoulder season wood.

    I wanted to drop one more dead ash, that would've filled this trailer load all the way, but I was getting tired and hungry, so that would be it for the day.

    I have to remember that this trailer has much taller side boards than the trailer I used to use, so this might be the same amount as I typically haul in a day.

    It's supposed to snow more, so me running the ATV with the sled towed behind it really makes nice trails and it's much easier to work the land. We're to get some more snow, so I'm glad I got this done yesterday afternoon.

    I'll need to put the v bar chains on the sportsman of we get much more snow.

    The white pine already sat all summer in the round, so the sap was dried. I want to see how this trailer handles a full load of hardwood. I think it definitely is a more HD trailer.
     
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  2. mat60

    mat60

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2018
    Messages:
    2,676
    Likes Received:
    19,585
    Location:
    ME
    Nice amount of wood you can hall on the trailer. Good working.
     
  3. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,882
    Likes Received:
    121,675
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    Nice! Hoard on. :stack::stacker:
     
  4. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,181
    Likes Received:
    166,515
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    Every bit counts. I'm trying to get at least 1 row in my left bay of the wood shed to complete that section of "the fence". There's about 1/3 of the 1 row in that left bay, which since each row is more or less a cord, there's about face cord in it.
     
  5. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,858
    Likes Received:
    215,644
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    Nice little haul there! :thumbs: Always peaceful and serene to work in the snow, especially if its calm and snowing.
     
  6. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,554
    Likes Received:
    141,628
    Location:
    US
    Way to get after it bud.
    It looks like you left the truck bed empty tho ....
    :D
    :rofl: :lol:

    :wacky:
     
  7. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,181
    Likes Received:
    166,515
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    Yeah, I do that on purpose. ;) As much as I can at least. I will put roadside scrounges back there though.
     
  8. ReelFaster

    ReelFaster

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2016
    Messages:
    2,880
    Likes Received:
    19,982
    Location:
    S.Jersey
    Some nice work there Horkn :axe::stacker:
     
    Eric VW, Backwoods Savage and Horkn like this.