In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Does Fiskars x27 go on sale?

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Yawner, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Yawner

Yawner

The Fiskars Isocore 8 lb splitting maul... I found a whole rack of those things on sale at Walmart last year, I think it was near end of season. I bought one and it was cheap, forget how much. Wondering... does anyone ever put the x27 splitting axe on sale? I ask because I left mine with my brother because he only had a common axe and needed to split some wood I cut for him. So, now, I have no x27 but I do the 8 lb and the new 6 lb Isocore mauls. I can wait if the x27 usually goes on sale! Have you seen that? The tightwad I am, I like to find the lowest price, lol.

2. Ctwoodtick

Ctwoodtick

Personally I’d doubt it. It’s a well know very good axe. Not sure why, but I can’t imagine items in the ax section of stores being on sale. Maybe different stores may price more competitively than others.

3. Mykidsdadd

Mykidsdadd

I don’t think they ever do. I have bought half a dozen of the small Fiskar hatchets , because I loose them and at least three of the splitting axes. Never seen them on sale tho.

4. Dakota Hoarder

Dakota Hoarder

Seems like I’ve seen them on sale before, but can’t seem to remember how much. Menards frequently has 11% rebate sales and I just got a 15% of bag from menards so you could probably use that.

how’s the 6lb Fiskars maul working for you! Did you order it on-line?

mat60, Chazsbetterhalf and Yawner like this.
  5. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

You see 'em on sale occasionally...especially between now and spring...clearance sales for the springtime yard tools.

6. Yawner

Yawner

So far, I like the 6 lb over the 8 lb. Has the umph but not as heavy as the 8 and the lower weight is easier on me, lol.

Yes, I ordered it online, found the best price and pulled trigger.

I assume Walmart had that rack of 8 lb axes on the big sale because they were not selling. It was, like, a rack of two or three dozen. But... this is not firewood country.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  7. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Cant say ive seen a sale, but hunt around online and you can maybe find a deal. Got mine as a gift, ended up breaking it and warranty replaced it.

8. Yawner

Yawner

I found this below at a great price locally, $25! Marked down from $53. The x27 usually sells for around $60. But at Walmart for $85! Yikes. I don't understand if this one below is any different from the x27 because the x27 is called "super splitting axe" as well. This below is all black except for a little orange circle at the butt end. The x27 has more orange, and also decals. I think they are same size, look similar and might even be identical.

Fiskars Super Splitting Axe (36")

9. SD Steve

SD Steve

My Fishers x27, (all black handle) was about $50+tax at Menards about 1 1/2 years ago. Not on sale.

10. Dakota Hoarder

Dakota Hoarder

I have the supper splitting axe. Pretty sure it’s the same as the X27. For $25 you can’t go wrong! Might want to consider getting 2!

mat60, Ronaldo and Chazsbetterhalf like this.
  11. Yawner

Yawner

So, it's just marketing? Identical axes, one with two-tone paint job, orange and black and the other with just black? If so, that is a classic example of efficient marketing... more sales simply by offering a different color and name, less snazzy, for less money.

12. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Probably has a different SKU # too...they do that so that competitors, like bLowes and HD, can sell the same item, with a different part #, then they don't have to price match each other...

13. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Both that ive owned had the all black handle and from what i cn tell they have identical heads unless someone here call say otherwise. I got mine for a gift years back. I had the X25 prior which was the same axe head with a shorter handle. Lost it roadside and actually like it better.

14. bushpilot

bushpilot

I remember a couple of years ago someone here found a good price on one at their local Ace Hardware.

15. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

I think I got my X27 from the Amazon used / returns section. It was that or the isocore. Saved some decent money.

Dakota Hoarder and mat60 like this.