VINTAGE ITEM,STILL IN WORKING CONDITION,HAS SHOWN IN PHOTO'S; PHONE CALLS ONLY do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers post id: 4568324870
My wife makes soap. NaOH is pretty cheap to buy actually. You can get a bottle for $6 that will make several batches of soap. A batch of soap is probably 40 bars a little smaller than a bar of soap from the store. I love homemade soap. It doesn't leave a film on your skin, and it is safe for people with skin allergies.
We used lye dilute in the laundry instead of bleach. Also, after looking at the advert, I would guess this to be depression or war era and it was used to separate cold coals from the ashes so they can be burnt again. Kind of what we do with our koal keeper, except we do that while it's hot.
That would be nice to have. When I'm cleaning out a hot stove, I end up throwing a lot of glowing coals in the bucket and then there's the smoky mess that comes from those coals smoldering while you put ash on top and the heat sends the ash up out of the bucket.
I do the same with leftover hot coals from the smoker & weber kettle.Rinsing them with garden hose then letting them dry in the sun a day or two.Some scrap 1/2" galvanized wire mesh from old garden use or rabbit cage.scrap 2 x 2's.Originally made several of these to dry Black Walnuts on after running them through the corn sheller,agitating with mortar hoe in large tub & rinsing the husk crumbs 3 times.