In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Makita ( dolmar) 6100 Stihl ms362 or echo Timberwolf?

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Horkn, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Diesel 4 life

Diesel 4 life

I’m extremely happy with my 590 it has never failed me and has made me a YUGE Echo fan. Just wish I’d have spent a little extra and bumped up to the 620. As for shopping the dealer first I just buy what I like. I have 2 Efco’s and no dealer within 100miles or more. My most local dealer has stihl and husky. I will buy from him but quite taking my stuff anywhere for service and just learned to work on them myself when they started charging $75 an hr. At that price you could buy a new saw real quick.
    So I guess I would say buy what you are comfortable working on because at some point they will all need it. This is why I’ll never be a fan of auto tune saws.

Horkn likes this.
  2. chris

chris

you can cut anything up if you whittle at it long enough. that gets old fast though. Kinda like snow you can go out and shovel it or get a blower and take less time or just plain hire it done.

Horkn likes this.
  3. Horkn

Horkn

Looks like I'll be helping my buddy that got this 6100 tomorrow. I'll probably get to run it. I'll report back

Biddleman and Diesel 4 life like this.
  4. wilhary

wilhary

Subsequent to doing my examination, I noticed that most of the individuals had no issues,

# as long as they utilized oil from a respectable organization.

# that not utilize an oi that has an awful standing,

# and that the tune of the saw will acquire you more motor insurance

# then you can get from attempting to track down a super oil of sorts.

# Use a barand name oil and tune sufficiently rich, this will give the best outcomes

as I would see it.

On another note, I sold the Makita 6100 and purchased a Stihl 362.

Altogether different saw, no correlation between the two by any stretch of the imagination,

6100 as I would see it is a greatly improved saw, better constructed, a better idea

out airbox, with bounty more space for cleaning and Maintainance, and

better fixed against dust.

Furthermore, a total creature as respects power.

Stihl MS 362 is lighter, less very much fabricated, truly jumbled in the airbox,

so will be significantly harder to wipe out, or work in there.

Is it an awful saw, NO, it will suit my child since it is lighter,

what's more, it won't ever be put under tension for what he will do.

In the event that I needed to have Saw to earn enough to pay the bills with, I would take the Makita Chainsaw 6100

quickly, over the Stihl MS 362.

Expectation this helps other people who are taking a gander at such Saws.