In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

God in the snow

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Sirchopsalot, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Sirchopsalot

Sirchopsalot

So dear wife and I headed out to shovel oir driveway. We both enjoy (NEED) the exercise, so do not have a snow.blower or quad with a plow.
    Our neighbor across the way was out with his machine. We exchanged pleasantries and began work. Our neighbor next house down, is a little older and a little less able to get out, we've shoveled.him.out from time to time. A voice in my head said "go shovel john out, your neighbor with the snow thrower will take care of your driveway". I almost didnt do it, it was shaping up to be a couple hour's work. But I walked over to John's place and began work. Soon enough, the fellow with the the thrower was heading to our driveway....un asked in any way by us!!

DW joined me at John's, and got that finished at about the same.time our driveway was pretty well wrapped up. We even had time to shovel for another neighbor....all because our neighbor did our driveway for us.

Now to work, and Im not exhausted!!

God is good!!

Sca

2. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    God knows before we do what we need to do. Such a morning blessing before work.

3. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Amen!

Great share Sirchopsalot

4. CoachSchaller

CoachSchaller

It is wonderful when we listen to HIM

5. chris

chris

Murphy visited my place last Sunday. 36" blower walk behind 15hp. 5 passes and the smoke started appearing from the drive belt housing area. It was ok the weekend before as I checked all 3 blowers for operation - course no snow but mechanically it was fine. Nothing visibly jammed. I have not attacked it yet.

6. Eric Wanderweg

Eric Wanderweg

Always good to listen to that Altruistic inner voice, and let it guide you in your daily affairs. You made your neighbors' day, your other neighbor helped you out in turn, then the bonus is you shared it with all of us. It's a pleasant reminder there is still much good in the world.

7. Jack Straw

Jack Straw

As I grow older it seems to me that if I just live my life like my mother was telling me to when I was a little boy I would be much better off.