I know this is blasphemy but I gave away 3 Ford Explorers full of the black locust today. Longer rounds I had not gotten a chance to cut down to size and also the knotty and crotch pieces. I still have plenty for myself and have to make room for the 8 yards of beech logs inbound! That norway maple is gone from the neighbor's (very large) house. Woo hoo. Not sure why the tree company just left those trunks there but I'm glad they did!!
I found an unscented old candle. Melted half of it and filled two paper egg cartons with sawdust. Woooooooooo hoooooooooo!
Just dont put it in the fridge and someone half asleep decides to have a midnight snack. High in fiber i suppose. Nicely done LOTF!
Looks good! Be careful melting wax over open flame, please. My wife Fire Flake dedicated one of our 3 crockpots to her fire starters this evening, even lined it in case we need to put it back into food service... 8 cartons/96 individual starters made. She’s awesome. Sorry- No pics.
Yes sir! I'm one of those guys that wears chaps, gloves, a Protos helmet, and carries 2 first aid kits whenever the chainsaw is involved. Like the crazy russian hacker, safety is our number one priority! I used low heat and was standing there the entire time holding what I call a crucible with a handle. My wife, on the hand, calls it her *former* butter warmer. Hahahahahaha.
Close to it. We’ve been fortunate enough to have plenty of coals for restart between 4-6pm after the previous night’s last load @11pm.