Did around 3 dozen wings last night for the kids and I over the pit. Cooked them over some white oak and hickory slivers, and doused them with my homemade mild ranch/garlic sauce.....The combination of smoke and sauce is absolutely unbeatable..... Getting them started..... Puttin' the smoke to 'em..... They're ready for some sauce.... Some savory mild ranch/garlic sauce and parmesan cheese sprinkled on top!!
I love wings, but only had modest success in cooking them at home. Yours look fabulous! How do you make the garlic sauce or do you buy it?
Here's my basic sauce mix.... Scotty's Mild Ranch/Garlic Wing Sauce 2C - Frank's Red Hot 1C - Hidden Valley Buttermilk Ranch salad dressing 1 packet - Hidden Valley Ranch powder mix 2 tbsp - apple cider vinegar 1 tbsp - butter 2 tbsp - honey 1-2 cloves fresh minced garlic Simmer mixture in saucepan over low heat and mix, then take off of heat and mix into finished hot wings. I like to put parmesan cheese over top of the wings after I sauce them up....... This is an awesome sauce with a little heat too.....my whole family loves it. If you want it hitter you can add habanero or other pepper to it.
Looks good man If you moved a little further south you'd realize folks don't know there is another dressing besides Ranch I like the Frank's and butter - that is actually Hooter's sauce, but mostly just roll them all in a bowl with sauce and back on to set the sauce after cooked through - crisp & flavor