In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Mine had I phone 10 red on sprint bus plan 27.50 a month, we are close to each other, wife I bought, my wife and daughters total bill 62.50 month limited data

2. lukem

lukem

Some phones have eSIM (embedded SIM). Not a card but part of the chipset. Popular on prepaid "burner phones". The things you learn when you work for the largest cell phone distributer in the US.

3. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

My last two phones were far from burner phones, one over $100 and the other I got when my husband upgraded, that was an expensive one atthat time.... Neither had a replaceable SIM card.

4. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

WWW bought Grolsch. I've never tasted them before, he's not had one since the late 80's. Thick beer.

5. bogieb

bogieb

That is me - work issued me an iPhone, but I really dislike it. It is not as intuitive, nor as helpful as even my first Smart Android phone. It took me forever to figure out how to get voicemails - I ended up inadvertently calling people instead. Oh, and who thought being able to place a comma or dot at the end of a sentence should involve an entirely different screen? Sure, I get that people may not use even basic punctuation for texting, but this is a work phone and I should be able to make a short email look like I have had at least a basic education without having to switch screens all the time. Some of the icons don't make sense to me either.

Okay, gotta say, my work phone is an old iPhone 6, so they may be better at this point. But, at the same time, I have never run into so many frustrations from my personal Android phones.

And, I will fully admit, there are probably plenty of people who started on the iPhone that think the same thing about Androids :)

6. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

I think the thing that I despise most is that punctuation and numbers are on a different screen! FYI, if you hit the space bar twice it will add a period at least. I have a 7+ and it is no better than the 5 that replaced it, its just bigger.

7. bogieb

bogieb

Thanks for that tip!

Fortunately, I rarely need to use my phone for emails since I am working from home and have my laptop anyway. But once I've logged out, it takes forever to get it all VPN'ed into the work network, so if I get an email in the evening that requires an immediate answer, I use the phone.

8. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

Wow, thats annoying for an email! My last two employers email was just through outlook, and always is running. The only time I ever had to connect to the VPN was if I needed to change a password, or to get into the company intranet for more sensitive information.

If its going to be a long email, I will often stop after a minute, then go to the computer and open the draft that my phone saved and type it there.

9. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

Its cool in the house, firewood is still outside, and its raining. Hopefully firing up the oven in about an hour will fix that. Im going to make my wife clear her inventory out of my wood bin area tomorrow. Thinking its time to start bringing in the oak too. Cherry isnt really doing the trick anymore.

10. yooperdave

yooperdave

:handshake:

11. yooperdave

yooperdave

Try to get this image out of your mind today! :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

[​IMG]

12. yooperdave

yooperdave

From the wildwest FJ baking academy? :whistle:

[​IMG]

13. bogieb

bogieb

When you work for a Government Prime, everything is confidential at the least. Even my phone goes thru the VPN and has triple log ins (print then a password, then another password. Government cybersecurity DFARS are pretty restrictive.

14. Midwinter

Midwinter

I'm still burning poplar in the daytime, cherry at night. Husband has the minisplit running to make up for the cat door still in the window in late November! Don't get me started.

15. Gasifier

Gasifier

Caffeine going in. The weather is not cooperating with what I would like to be doing outside today. Little wet to do anything. So I guess I will try to get a few indoor projects done.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING HOARDERS!:)

16. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

Ive been burning cherry day and night. Ive been trying to only burn at night though.

17. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

Ahhh, that makes a diference

18. Horkn

Horkn

Interesting.

19. Gasifier

Gasifier

Decided to get the porch enclosed this morning. And Thanksgiving is always a good day for a fire to warm the hands and spirit! 857BC251-8F2C-452D-AF85-EA6A5BB39E7D.jpeg
    image.jpg

20. Horkn

Horkn

If they don't know any different, then how would they understand?
    There's a thread on FHC about ignorance.;).

There's really nothing an iPhone can do, that an Android can't do better. There's several things Androids can do that iPhones can't.

iPhones are simply overpriced in comparison.