In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Loving it outside today

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by MAF143, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Stephiedoll

Stephiedoll

Just saw this Monte. Take good care of Jennifer.

2. Midwinter

Midwinter

Great news that Jennifer is on the mend. I remember her from Walt's too, she's a great lady. I hope she's home soon, with no lasting effects.

Chazsbetterhalf, Maina and MAF143 like this.
  3. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

Glad to hear things got better! I spent a few days in the hospital with pneumonia a few years ago. Felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest. Definitely no joke!

4. MAF143

MAF143

I just got a call a bit ago and Jenny is getting to come home later today. She will still be on oxygen for a while and they will brief me when I get there to pick her up on all the details. At this point I have tested negative, quarantining, and have had no symptoms at all. I am still waiting for results of my latest test from yesterday, We had been thinking she might get released on Friday so I had tested on Tuesday hoping to confirm a negative status prior to her return home, but we will deal with it. The care for her at the hospital was excellent and the only gripe we have is the communication from them has been poor. So much that we don't know and don't even know how to ask... I know way more about a chainsaw than an IV...

We are so very thankful to our Lord that she is getting to come home after recovering from Covid with the related Pnuemonia. We will celebrate Thanksgiving at home by ourselves this year and give special thanks on this Holiday.

Our thoughts, prayers, and condolences go out to all who were not as fortunate as us in the battle with this disease. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers that helped sustain and strengthen us through this trial in our lives.

Please stay safe out there in all your endeavors, whether it be with a chainsaw in your hand or simply shopping for groceries. If you do not already have one, please consider picking up a Pulse Oximeter, they are inexpensive and very easy to use. If you have symptoms at all please keep an eye on your oxygen saturation level and get medical assistance if the saturation level is staying below 90. We did not have one and we borrowed the neighbor's to check ours. We didn't go to the ER till her's was under 85... Looking back that was a mistake that we almost paid dearly for. We should have had her in the hospital at least a day earlier.

Again, we are so thankful for this homecoming.

5. MAF143

MAF143

On a lighter note:

I had decided while she was recovering that I would make some of my favorite meals that she isn't all that keen on.
    Fettuccine Alfredo with roasted garlic cloves: Check...
    Deer roast: Check... twice
    Cabbage Soup: Check
    But the kicker last night and the house still wreaks, Pork and Kraut. I'm sure she will forgive me eventually, but the first thing she will smell when coming in the door will be the Kraut, not the roses...

I just finished it up for lunch so she can't make me throw it out... I have a nice chuck roast thawing on the counter for tonight. This homecoming caught as a little by surprise.

I can't wait to have her back home. I will have my sister make her favorite stuffed shells for tomorrow night.

6. NYCountry

NYCountry

Prayers headed your way. Speedy recovery hope all goes well

7. walt

walt

Just read this today Monte ,glad Jennifer is coming home and doing well. Robin and I will be praying for her.

8. MAF143

MAF143

She is home now and resting comfortably on the couch. We are so thankful.

Again, thank you all for the support.

9. Maina

Maina

Glad she’s home!

Chazsbetterhalf and MAF143 like this.
  10. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Glad to hear she is coming home. The oximeter for those who don't know can be found in the area by the pharmacy.

MAF143 and Maina like this.