In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Early Next Week, Severe Weather Threat

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by thewoodlands, Jul 10, 2014.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334

    Attached Files:

  2. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Thanks for the post zap, but I'm gonna have to pass on that one. I've had enough!:D
     
    thewoodlands and papadave like this.
  3. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    If we only had a choice. I will make sure that I have the chains for all bars sharp.

    The attached file is for Sunday.

    http://wright-weather.com/
     

    Attached Files:

  4. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    If only...... chains good here, but after I'm done with this mess, I'll be sending them to Pete.

    Weather: Seems like every week the storms are significant. I believe like everything, things come in waves of seven.

    At least around here:
    1. Freak October snowstorm downs trees and power all over for 1+ week
    2. Hurricane Sandy hit, same as above
    3. Record setting snow totals and low temps. ( we had at least 3 feet of snow on the ground for a long time)
    4. So far this year, consistent weekly severe weather. What's yet to come?
     
  5. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,983
    Likes Received:
    312,188
    Location:
    Central MI
    We're well into summer now and for sure we can say it has been below normal temperature and above normal rainfall. Who knows how long this will last though. Only time will tell.
     
  6. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
  7. jetjr

    jetjr

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2014
    Messages:
    3,233
    Likes Received:
    8,953
    Location:
    Pa/Md line
    :headbang::headbang::headbang:can i double dislike this??
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  8. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    It looks like any of the Severe weather will not hit us today, I can handle that.
     
    Well Seasoned likes this.
  9. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Well thats good. Same here, nothing severe, but early this week poss of severe with a ton of rain. It looks now the cold front will go east enough for a significant cool down, with highs only in the 70's. With our highs in the upper 80's currently, and high humidity, the weather should get pretty nasty. This is not something I'm NOT looking forward to.

    How much of a decrease in temp are you expecting with this rare front?
     
  10. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I think we drop from about 72 to 55 tonight, I think Tuesday we have a chance of severe weather but I'm thinking it will stay east of us.
     
    Well Seasoned likes this.
  11. smoke show

    smoke show

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,983
    Likes Received:
    13,948
    Location:
    Pittsfield, Wi
    Couple pics from the local news this morning. This occurred last night, pics are from Wisconsin's peninsula. Door county to be exact.

    10305606_807154205991839_9137962602450192673_n.jpg

    10557174_10152538869378514_4549335208067225700_n.jpg
     
  12. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,285
    Likes Received:
    66,673
    Location:
    IN
    Holy chit.
     
    papadave and smoke show like this.
  13. smoke show

    smoke show

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,983
    Likes Received:
    13,948
    Location:
    Pittsfield, Wi
    They're calling it hail. Looks more like snow.
     
  14. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    WTH?
    Snow in July.
    It's the Snowpocolypse.
    That's a lotta' hail.
     
    smoke show likes this.
  15. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    155 without power just north of us on the river, it's raining hard, I'm sure Gasifier got hit pretty good with rain.
     
  16. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Rain, rain,
    Float me on out of this town.
    Rain, rain,
    I just hope that I don't drown.
    Apologies to Blackfoot.

    Lots o' rain here too, with a nice thunder and light show while laying in bed last night.
    One of the dogs is deathly afraid of those storms.
     
  17. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Holy chit it's right. That looks like snow to me to. Severe storms AGAIN tonight!
     
  18. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Just south of us.
    ...A STRONG THUNDERSTORM WILL MOVE THROUGH CENTRAL FRANKLIN AND EASTCENTRAL ST. LAWRENCE COUNTIES...
    AT 1141 AM EDT...A STRONG THUNDERSTORM WAS NEAR CHILDWOLD...MOVINGNORTHEAST AT 30 MPH.
    WIND GUSTS TO 50 MPH ARE POSSIBLE WITH THIS STORM. EXCESSIVE RUNOFFFROM HEAVY RAINFALL IN EXCESS OF ONE INCH IN ONE HOUR WILL CAUSEELEVATED LEVELS ON SMALL CREEKS AND STREAMS...AND PONDING OF WATERON COUNTRY ROADS AND FARMLAND ALONG THE BANKS OF CREEKS AND STREAMS.
    LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO...CARRY FALLS RESERVOIR...TUPPER LAKE...ST. REGIS MOUNTAIN...MADAWASKA...PAUL SMITHS...RAINBOW LAKE...GABRIELS...DEBAR MOUNTAIN...ONCHIOTA...LOON LAKE...
    GET TO SAFETY IMMEDIATELY WHEN THREATENING WEATHER APPROACHES.
     
  19. Smokinpiney

    Smokinpiney

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,811
    Likes Received:
    20,675
    Location:
    "South" Jersey
    Few miles north of me got hit hard last night. Had a few funnel cloud sightings and after tornado warnings all evening. None confirmed yet. We got a TON of rain and lightning but nothin out of the ordinary for a summer storm. They're saying tonight is gonna be worse o_O
     
  20. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Could we be in for more storms next week?
    http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/temperature-turnaround/30479566
    This is part of the article:
    A potential suppressor of heat will be complexes of thunderstorms that erupt from southern Canada to the Great Lakes region. In areas where these storms roll through during or the morning or midday hours, it may be enough to keep 90-degree weather away on some days.
    In a pattern such as expected next week, the complexes of storms have the potential to cover a great deal of ground and be severe in some communities.