In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. subsailor

subsailor

Nice price. They're pushing $300 here.

2. Harman Lover 007

Harman Lover 007

Matthews.

3. imacman

imacman

Opposite side of Charlotte from me, but only about 15 min. from my daughter.

4. imacman

imacman

5. scajjr2

scajjr2

Paper towels seem hit or miss lately, at least at MB here in SE NH. At the Plaistow MB 6 weeks ago they had none, was like that for 2 more weeks then 2 weeks ago they had single rolls (limit 1), last week singles & 6-packs, this week just 6-packs. And when they do have some it's always the MB brand, never any name brands (I don't buy those anyway too much $). When they were out for 3 weeks both sides of that aisle were loaded with TP. A couple weeks ago I was in the MB in Exeter/Stratham and they had singles & 6-packs, told a friend looking for some but when they went a day later there were none at all.

I have not seen a can of spray disinfectant since March. Have bought gallon jugs of disinfectant (In-Cide) at Home Depot and just refill a few spray bottles around the house.

Sam

6. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

JT uses it by the pallet when delousing at work.

7. schoondog

schoondog

Wow what a storm last night. Hope all is well with everyone. Tree hit my sons home, I have to go check things out because he got called out for work. It wiped out a small deck. No water was leaking into the house so shouldn't be to bad. Also gotta check on a few elderly neighbors.

Doggy

8. imacman

imacman

Spray disinfectant was scarce down here until about a month ago. Paper towels & TP have been plentiful since July-Aug.

9. Pete Zahria

Pete Zahria

I know the manager here quite well.
    He was saying that TP is not an issue right now, it IS paper towels.
    And of course Lysol spray/wipes, and even the MB equivalent.
    These items are just shipped to the stores, when available,
    they never know when they are getting them.
    Funny how they have tons of other things that they put
    on the shelves, so that there are no empty ones.
    You may see a half an aisle stocked high with bleach, for instance,
    in an area that never has that.

Dan

10. Harman Lover 007

Harman Lover 007

I bought several cans of disinfectant spray and spray cleaner in Lowes, of all places, in Charlotte while I’m here since that hasn’t been in stores in Mass since March......

11. CleanFire

CleanFire

Searched the usual stores locally in Keene for the Sparkle multi-pack of paper towels, no dice. Staples.com to the rescue - ordered extra, in case the kids need some.

12. scajjr2

scajjr2

What's interesting is when any of the MB I frequent (Plaistow, Salem, Epping and Exeter) do have PT it's always the MB brand. Haven't seen any name brand at any since March.

sam

savemoney, imacman, jtakeman and 5 others like this.
  13. CleanFire

CleanFire

It's been hit-or-miss over here too Sam. Keene Walmart was doing pretty good up until last week, though with the uptick in cases / restrictions going back into place, TP looks to be getting scarce again. ... ^^ I Also ordered a carton of Angel Soft TP (48 rolls/carton) w/ the paper towels, I'll be "putting a bow" on 'em and passing them out for Christmas, LOL. (Added the TP to get free shipping on the staples.com order.)

Cool that the MBs out your way are keeping stock on the essentials: MB here in Swanzey always seems to have good stock on what we need when we shop there. Like you said, sometimes not the brand you expect: but we've always been able to find what we need.

savemoney, imacman, jtakeman and 5 others like this.
  14. bogieb

bogieb

I get a case of Scott's TP from Amazon every 18-24 months. I use that for facial tissue also because it is soft enough.

So paper towels is the only thing I get from grocery/BBS. Shaw's in my town has been getting paper towels, but mostly off-brands including MB (I did a double take for sure). Last weekend they had Bounty, my preferred brand, but only in two-roll packs and not much of that brand. No price on the shelf - I knew it would be more than the off-brands they had, but I figured what the hey. Grabbed two of the 2-packs and when I looked at my receipt they were $7.00 each :bug:. The Wally World in the Capitol City never has any paper towels at all (I get up there every 2-3 weeks - and it is always during the weekend). Guess I'll see what Amazon can do for me in that regard since I don't expect the pickings or prices to get better any time soon.

savemoney, imacman, jtakeman and 4 others like this.
  15. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Goes nowhere 4.5 miles, walker 150 '.

savemoney, bogieb, imacman and 5 others like this.
  16. CleanFire

CleanFire

I got schooled @ Walgreens back in September, Lysol brand disinfectant spray suddenly showed up "out-of-nowhere" on the shelf, limit (2) .. should have known better w/o any shelf tag, but it wouldn't have mattered: because Betsy grabbed 'em - and she weren't giving 'em up without a fight. :mad: ... 9 smackeroos each. Free market capitalism at it's finest .. :picard: The fresh linen scent does smell nice though. :thumbs:

17. bogieb

bogieb

:bug:

Looked on Amazon and they are saying 3-5 weeks for 12 packs. And those are going for $48. Those used to be $16 at the store - and don't get me started on "giant" roll versus "Double" versus "double-plus".

I dropped into the grocery store after going to the dump yesterday afternoon and the shelves were full of Great Brand as well as Signature (store brand). I picked up a 6-pack of the Signature (still, that was $11 total - and probably equals about 3 of the rolls of Bounty). Figure I'm stocked up for a while now.

18. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Walker 180'.
    Goes nowhere 3 miles got tired of trying to cram my left foot back into its' stirrup.
    Cane 45'.

savemoney, imacman, Ssyko and 3 others like this.
  19. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Walker 210'.
    Goes nowhere 4.75 miles.
    No cane today teacher comes tomorrow.

savemoney, bogieb, Earl764 and 2 others like this.
  20. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Grumble/growl.

savemoney, jtakeman and Earl764 like this.