In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

No Issue What Happened to That Sticky?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Support' started by Grizzly Adam, Jul 10, 2014.

  1. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    I have begun filling our Resources tab (in the top bar between Forums and Members) with the information from some of our stickies. Which means that a few of our stickies will be coming unstuck. So far I have replaced the ones for cord calculators and tree identifications.

    The goal here is to create a resource library full of information that users can easily find, instead of having to remember which forum it was stickied in. It should also benefit new club members who are likely to feel a little disoriented at first. A nice side effect will be that forums with several stickies will have a bit of a cleaner look and we won't have to scroll past half a dozen stickies each time we go into the Firewood Neighborhood.
     
  2. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Good idea
     
  3. Paul bunion

    Paul bunion

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,396
    Likes Received:
    13,524
    Location:
    NJ
    Fewer stickies is better in my opinion. Otherwise you get in the habit of scrolling past and never looking at the ones that are being posted to.
     
  4. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    Great Idea
     
  5. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    If you guys get a chance, go give them a look and rate them!

    I just did.. :)
     
  6. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    I am waiting to move more of the stickies because I don't want to steal everyone's authorship. There is an addon I would like to try that can copy a thread post into resources.
     
    MasterMech likes this.
  7. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    I just gave Dennis' Primer of Woodburning the Resources makeover and made it a downloadable PDF in the process. A couple more resources got posted today as well.
     
    MasterMech likes this.