In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

PelPro TSC90–Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by kdp7462, Nov 3, 2020.

1. kdp7462

kdp7462

Hi All,

I am doing some research for my father in law for a new pellet stove. He is looking more in the budget realm, we’ve had Englander stoves prior and he liked them(and the price). We can pick up an Englander for around 1200 new from HD, 775 from AMFM as a factory second. I also came across the PelPro TSC90 at tractor supply for 1300.

I have the cast iron Enivor M55, and LOVE IT. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with the pelpro cast iron and what the thoughts would be on the PelPro vs. Englander?

They also have a PelPro P130 for 1,000. I know PelPro was purchased a few years back and unsure of their reliability.

Any info would be great and appreciated :)

2. don2222

don2222

Englander control panels are much more rugged and holdup a lot better.
    A good surge protector like a Tripp Lite brand is still a must for the control panel protection for any pellet stove.

3. Lousyweather

Lousyweather

If he likes the Englander, why not stick with it?

imacman likes this.
  4. imacman

imacman

My thoughts exactly.

5. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

X3 :)

imacman likes this.
  6. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

X4

imacman likes this.
  7. badbob

badbob

I was going to get involved,but at this point, if you are talking about a supplemental heater that costs less than 2k, then we live in different realities, especially if you expect it to preform flawless.

Lousyweather and jtakeman like this.
  8. Lousyweather

Lousyweather

Yea, badbob I agree......I didnt bother to make any argument, get what you pay for kinda thing......there is a niche in the market for everything these days!

badbob and imacman like this.
  9. don2222

don2222

Hello
    You guys are right and here is a very good example that we do not find out until years later.
    This older model stove I believe sold for about 2k maybe 5-10 years ago. It is a better stove than many others!
    I found however that the steel collar and set screw that hold the auger motor to the auger are smaller than most other stoves. The collar rusted and froze solid and the set screw just gouged out just because the auger motor needed changing. !!
    See pics on the fix here!
    Removing a rusted stuck auger motor with gouged out set screw from Napoleon NPS40 wood pellet stove!