In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Fed up ——- still hungry

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by JustWood, Nov 1, 2020.

1. JustWood

JustWood Guest

I’ve been on the road 30+ years . My company services roughly a 5 county area radius of home/shop base. I have some satellite yards in outlying areas for better service. With that said over 30 years Ive learned every little hole in the wall eatery, dinor and deli .My favorites are programmed into my phone and I order ahead so there’s no wait when I get there. Most of my regular lunch stops know me by name.
    The last few years I consistently get wrong orders and I mean 9 out of 10 times! I don’t have time to waste and I’m not one to raise a fuss so I just eat what I’m dealt. It’s become so regular ( and worse since the lockdown sniffles started ) that I’ve black flagged many lunch stops and only go to a few anymore. The few that I do patronize are consistent every single time .
    There been several ongoing discussions on a local FB page the last couple weeks about this very thing and most people are condemning those who are complaining about wrong orders . Reasonings are:
    Its petty to complain about not getting what you ordered.
    It’s only a sandwich
    People make mistakes-only human
    If that’s the worst thing that happens to you all day then ,,,
    REALLY !!!!!!????? It’s ok to not do what you’re paid to do ???? This is normal thinking today ??? I want what I paid for dammit !!!
    Has society really become so complacent ?
    WTF ?

2. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    What is scary is if you happened to have a severe food allergy and your specific order is mucked up and that particular food is used in the order. I don't think it would be petty to be complaining about that! It could be the worst thing that happens to you in a day.

3. Marvin

Marvin

Yep...

If you tell them they screwed up (what they're paid to do, as you mentioned) it might hurt their feelings and we can't have that in today's world. If you hurt someone's feelings now you get called all kinds of names.:picard::picard:

The funniest part of the name calling is if you actually look up the definition of what you're being called it turns out the name caller is more in line with it than the person being accused more often than not.

4. Marvin

Marvin

This is a great point and one I wouldn't have thought of since I don't have any food allergies. It could be very bad indeed.

5. Midwinter

Midwinter

6. JustWood

JustWood Guest

I hate to complain. Afraid that the remake will contain body fluids.

7. mat60

mat60

Thats what I have always thought may happen.

8. sirbuildalot

sirbuildalot

My wife loves to complain. The other week we went to a restaurant for the first time since COVID started. Had to sit at the bar. No other seats available. A bartender accidentally knocked over some plastic lids and they fell on the floor. My wife is saying “throw them in the trash” repeatedly loud enough so the girl can hear her. She thinks she’s being quiet. Then when she throws them in the trash my wife says “good girl!” again pretty loud. I’m sitting there drinking my 5 gallon pitcher of beer staring at my wife thinking what’s wrong with you, but also thinking, this is how a lot kinky movies start.

9. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

An establishment can't correct a problem, if they don't know about it.

Let them know......politely.

10. yooperdave

yooperdave

Even with that being said and done, it doesn't take care of it! Happened to 99 and I a number of times at the same restaurant last summer fall (one year ago) and finally chased down the owner, let her know and thought it was done and taken care of. Nope

Gave them a few more chances and it was the same complacency. Just now, they don't have us for customers any more. No biggie; we have still managed to eat! :handshake:

11. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

No response from management = loss of customers.

12. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Yup...this is what you get when the "participation trophy" crowd has to "go to work"...shut up and eat your dang food that I so bravely came to work during a pandemic and slaved over to make for you...and for only $15 hr...which brings up a good point, you better tip me well Mr, my gubermint cheese don't come 'til next week!
    And don't forget to vote for change on Tuesday! :doh: :headbang:
    And I know food service isn't an easy job, which means ya probably gonna hafta try once in a while!

13. JustWood

JustWood Guest

I have before. It does no good.
    I typically order 1 of 3 different sandwiches the same way every time with L-T-O and mayo & oil. This is in no way rocket science or anywhere near,,,, probably how 90% of every sandwich order goes out every door of every deli in America ,,, every day of the week. Annnnnnnnd it’s still wrong. It’s not complicated.
    All of the FB complaints were about a local McDs
    One complaint was there was no burger on the bun. I haven’t been to McDs in 15 years. Isn’t it basically assembly line food. Kinda hard to eF that up!

14. Midwinter

Midwinter

Is there any pattern to how they get your order wrong? Mustard instead of mayo? American instead of provolone?

15. JustWood

JustWood Guest

Most of the time it’s missing mayo and/or onions.
    3 different delis get it right every single time. Different order takers and sandwich makers daily.
    It’s really just a generational curse of not giving a chit. I really don’t know how hard it is to squirt some mayo on a wich.

16. yooperdave

yooperdave

She did address the original mess up and wanted to refund the whole meal. I refused and said just refund the portion that was messed up. Then, we used that refund to go there once more. Yeah, messed up again! Before we ordered, we mentioned that we have an appointment that we can't be late for and do you think there is enough time? "No problem"

Except...... they must have forgotten to turn in the order or the cook decided not to prepare it or whatever the hell happened, but parties after us were getting their food and we were still waiting for ours. 99 asked bout it and the waitress said, embarrassingly, "It isn't ready and I don't know why."

By that time, (15 min later) we cancelled. Laughed about it and left.

17. yooperdave

yooperdave

Saturday, we stopped at 2 different fast food drive thrus and both of them got the order messed up! :doh:

18. stuckinthemuck

stuckinthemuck

I have no problem tipping 50% for excellent service or 0% if they drop the ball or simply don’t care about the job they are doing. The the people who get the 50% know why and are appreciative. The ones who get 0% generally don’t know why and just think I’m a jerk. I figure the ones who provide poor service will eventually move along if they can’t make decent money doing a poor job.

19. Midwinter

Midwinter

All I can think of is, a lot of people getting jobs in food service that have never worked it before.

20. Jack Straw

Jack Straw

I think lots of folks don’t take any pride in their work.