We need a conspicuous way to post G2Gs that folks are hosting or inviting others to. And of course a place to post a ton of pics from said G2Gs. Perhaps a dedicated forum or sub-forum somewhere everyone frequents?
In addition to this, I am looking at adding an event ad dons to resources for these type of things. There still definitely needs o be a place to post them, though.
Here is what I called the board on my site. 1st part big letters for board name then sub part in smaller letters. Header = GTG Events Competitions Board = GTG and Competition dates Sub = Share your GTG info and Racing dates, results
I agree. A sub forum would probably be best. The resource is nice, but I don't see many finding them, or using them. Having it out in the open to see will attract more viewers. IMO
Right, the resource would be a nice addition, but I don't know that it will be where people would go to look.
This might be worth a separate Forum altogether. Won't be a high traffic area, (ok, it might beat the boiler room....) but it would be conspicuous enough to all. A resource may be the place to archive "official" FHC gatherings.
I think a sub where general announcements from members (GTGs, etc) and staff (new features, rules, etc) can be posted would be beneficial to all. It would make them easy to find if your looking for them because they don't get buried in another sub that some members may not frequent.
That would be a good fit, but I think a split would then be in order. Take the classified, site suggestions, and this new forum and make them their own group.
Clem-- at the top of the forum there is a resources section. Check it out. There is an addon for adding events to that section, I would like to check it out and see what all it has to offer.
I just found it from your where that sticky go post. Had to click a thing with three little lines up top. I figured I had to click that as thats where I get them members from.
This is a done deal. Check out the new Smoke Signals forums, which include the old Site Suggestions, now called Suggestions and Support, and the Bulletin Board forum that this thread inspired.