With any luck I’ll finish the thread with a go pro video We own a nice piece of property and I’ve cut foot trails but the were too boney for atv. We started a new trail this year. It’s slow going but the weather is perfect for that today. And I came across this awesome blowdown oak! Half mile into it at this point. Laurel is super thick!
Nice work on your trails, after making all the trails around our house for walking and the widening them for the UTV, they're never wide enough. I've always taken the stumps down to ground level with an older but sharp chain even if they were off the trail. It's always nice to have access to your property, the time putting in new trails is well worth it. Another thing about having some main trails in is when you do get some tree damage, usually you can get to it without a lot of extra work plus I always worry about fire during our dry season so our trails are wide enough for the equipment the fire department has for fighting fires in the woods.
Is it a laurel hell? Siren Shrub I love mountain laurel flowers. Every part of the plant is toxic. Mountain laurel is a beautiful, if deceptively wicked, symbol of summer.
I don’t think I’ve ever notice it flower, at least like that. In some areas, it is very very thick. The thick older growth is my favorite. Cut one or two plants and the area opens up fast.
Nice!!! I made my trails 10’ wide. That way any of my machines can go through comfortably, even pulling a 5x10 trailer. In fact I’ll be using the trails this weekend to do a Halloween Hayride!!! Whole loop is somewhere around 1/2 mile. Working on a trail extension that will add another 1/4 mile or so
That woods would be difficult for hunting! Trails in the woods, no matter how wide still need constant trimming or they will close.
It is difficult to hunt. Nearly all my success has been from a tree stand. And your dead on, it does want to close in!