In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

RTV-X1100C FULL-SIZE DIESEL UTILITY VEHICLES

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by thewoodlands, Jun 20, 2020.

1. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

We only have 6.5 hours on Karl, I've been running the sanders,scrapers a ladder and painting equipment to the railings I've been painting along with some short rides.

Hopefully by Monday or Tuesday the latest, I'm finished with the painting and then I can take it back to cut some birch (I'm hoping it's yellow) and after that maybe some Ironwood.

In September the plow comes in/goes on and they'll do the 50 hour service while it's in there so I better get some hours on it.

2. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

ok you need to borrow some kids they are really good at putting hours on tools.

Maina and thewoodlands like this.
  3. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

I finally took the painting supplies out of the back of Karl today and put the hitch on it so I could haul some junk wood in the trailer that I put on top of the covers.

Once this rain moves through, I'll use the RTV with the trailer to haul some shoulder season wood that I'll be stacking, just under six face cord of pine.

I did use the 4540 for about an hour today moving some junk logs out of the way.

4. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

With the wet weather we've had, today was a perfect day for getting rid of some Yellow Birch branches and some Pine.

Most of our trails are wide enough for the RTV but the area the Yellow Birch came from needed some thinning, it will be much easier for the tractor and the RTV once the next two Yellow Birch are out of there. There are three loads pictured but I took six out of that area to the fireplace.

Attached Files:

Gasifier, Stlshrk, mat60 and 5 others like this.
  5. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

The wife wanted to go for a ride in the Kubota so I thought it was a good time I show her how it climbs the hills compared to the Rhino.

We went up top to a certain area I can widen more trails.

Maina, Horkn, Chvymn99 and 1 other person like this.
  6. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

We received a call today from the Kubota dealer, our RTV will be going in next week for the 50 hour checkup and the plow install.

7. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Nice looking rig, there sir! :handshake:

8. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

Thanks Chvymn99 , hopefully it works out for us. The heater will be huge up here in our area when the temps get real cold.

I still plan on using the tractor since it can walk through the deep wet snow but I might use the RTV around the house more when it has snowed but not that cold.

9. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

They brought it back early this morning, this picture was just after they did the plow install. This winter I'll get some weight in the back and then it should push most anything mother nature throws at us.
    IMG_5419.jpg

Gasifier, WinonaRail, Stlshrk and 9 others like this.
  10. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

What can I say but what a great tool!!:yes:

Maina, Chvymn99, farmer steve and 5 others like this.
  11. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

Yep Zap, that is a workhorse, Congrats and get some work done!

12. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

I hope it is a workhorse, with some possible snow in the forecast next week, I'll be checking and picking up some chit on the sides of the trails before mother nature covers it up.

Canadian border VT , even though I'll still use the tractor for plowing, when it's colder out and we get some snow that heater in the RTV will feel real nice. I do have a nice set of chains for the back if needed.

Maina, Chvymn99, farmer steve and 3 others like this.
  13. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

I wonder if Mrs Zap might claim this one?

14. sirbuildalot

sirbuildalot

Looks really handy. Should be fun come a blizzard

15. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

Yes she did Sav, we've been on some rides together but she has only driven it once. Before I take the plow off, she'll drive it and get use to the plow controls.

Once winter arrives and the plow goes back on, we'll get three or four bags of tube sand in the back.

Maina, Chvymn99, brenndatomu and 4 others like this.
  16. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

I hope it does sirbuildalot, I've seen a guy east of us plow all his snow with his. The heater will be huge when we get 10 to 30 below zero.

The battery tender will be used along with a block heater this winter, that has worked for the tractor so I'm hoping we get the same results with the RTV.

Gasifier, Maina, Chvymn99 and 2 others like this.
  17. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

It seems to me you have lots of sand there. You should get a few old buckets or even a rubber tank/bowl or something similar. During a dry spell in July or August skim the top of the sand (so you get only super dry sand) of the sand and fill those buckets. Not only can you use the sand for weight but should you have a big ice storm or even late winter when you get ice melt then re-freezing, scatter some sand on the ice. Not only will it save you dollars but is better than using the other stuff.

Maina, Chvymn99, brenndatomu and 2 others like this.
  18. Horkn

Horkn

I know if I had a sxs like this my wife would be in the driver's seat all the time.:thumbs:

Smart idea about the block heater and the trickle charger thewoodlands . That way it will be good to go whenever.

Stlshrk, Maina, Chvymn99 and 3 others like this.
  19. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

The tube sand works better in the 3 point sander on the tractor than the stuff on our lot plus the tube sand has more grit to it. We still get sand from our lot for some areas around the house but I didn't use much last year but the wife's garbage can of sand needed about 15 gallons to top it off.

Maina, Horkn, Chvymn99 and 2 others like this.
  20. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

When we bought our Mahindra, they won't sell a tractor without a block heater on it because of the temps in this area during the winter, that wasn't the case with our RTV. I had to ask so they would install it.

Maina, Chvymn99, brenndatomu and 3 others like this.