In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

I love living in my small hometown

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by SammyWhammy, Oct 17, 2020.

  1. SammyWhammy

    SammyWhammy

    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2019
    Messages:
    119
    Likes Received:
    867
    Location:
    Blue Earth Minnesota
    Town is only about 3500 people in southern Minnesota. Talking with a coworkers dad today who does tree trimming as a side job. Saw him out at a 10 acre wooded lot cleaning up a bunch of trees. It’s a vacant acreage next to another 10 acre site with a nice house and a new pole shed along with a older barn.

    I asked him if he was cleaning up the lot for the guy to sell it. He said, that guy would never sell that lot. But the house and land next to it might be for sale. Talked with the better half and decided to go out there and see if the owner was around.

    Long story short, it was an old classmates parents and they are definitely interested in selling. Gave us a tour and it is absolutely perfect, 1/4 mile from town, right next to the compost site. Only way we found out was going to the compost site looking for trees to cut and bring back. Wood hoarding has definitely paid off.
     
  2. MikeInMa

    MikeInMa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    Messages:
    15,869
    Likes Received:
    114,959
    Location:
    Southern Worcester county
    Good luck with acquiring the land. There's not much new land being created.
     
  3. Chud

    Chud

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2020
    Messages:
    7,271
    Likes Received:
    54,190
    Location:
    NC
    I lived in St Paul for 15yrs and have many relatives in Eastern SD, but I only drove through southern Minnesota once. It was after a recent tornado and I remember driving through a valley. It’s beautiful country. I miss the lakes, loons and plains, but not the winters.
     
  4. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    49,000
    Likes Received:
    312,332
    Location:
    Central MI
  5. amateur cutter

    amateur cutter

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    5,998
    Likes Received:
    48,782
    Location:
    Gun Lake MI
    X 2 !
     
  6. ReelFaster

    ReelFaster

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2016
    Messages:
    2,880
    Likes Received:
    19,981
    Location:
    S.Jersey
    X3, best of luck! That is my dream to own a bit of land
     
    Midwinter likes this.