In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

You can shut them off!!

2. yooperdave

yooperdave

I have been shutting it off more and more frequently.....

3. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

[​IMG]

4. lukem

lukem

I need a bigger planer. I spent way too much time the past 2 days planing down not a lot of lumber. Time for a big chunk of cast iron that takes 4 men and a boy to move.

Got all the face frames for the 3 base cabinets cut out and pocket holed tonight. Making the face frames out of sassafras because that's what I have. That stuff is a delight to work with....no stress in the wood...cuts easy...and smells like root beer.

5. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

I have an acquaintance that says this knucklehead is my Doppleganger! We used to be friends, now we are acquaintances

6. yooperdave

yooperdave

:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

7. Horkn

Horkn

Ahhh. They have their pros and cons. Mostly pro's unless you can't put it down.;)

8. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

9. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

If you double fist the beers, you dont have the ability to hold your phone too!

[​IMG]

10. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

A good planer and router table/ shaper with stile and rail cutters make nice doors, especially with raised panel centers.

11. lukem

lukem

Sigh.

I was going to use sassafras for part of the build because I have a limited supply of red elm....wasn't going to be exactly what I wanted but it would still look nice. I got all three face frames done before work this AM and walked out past the barn where I have a bunch of rough sawn stacked up. I looked at a board and thought to myself, that looks an awful lot like red elm, but surely it is ash. Decided to run one through the planer and sure enough it is red elm. Started digging and ended up pulling about 150 bft out of the pile. I had always assumed it was ash. Now I have way more than I need to finish everything....just have to build new face frames with is pretty quick.

I'm kicking myself now for not checking out there, but it will work out great in the end. At least I didn't get any further along than I did.

These red elm boards hold a lot of memories....they were harvested from my parent's property....and I spent a good part of my youth cutting all the dead ones leftover from dutch elm disease to feed the wood furnace in the basement. Red elm was the best because it was barkless, very little brush, and burned good.

12. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Plan for today is to get all the hoses rolled up and put away until spring. Have a couple young boys lined up to help as there are lots of them.

13. mat60

mat60

Im thinking you may have a thread with pictures of what you got going in.

14. lukem

lukem

I need to but I'm terrible at taking pictures when I'm working...I get in the zone and don't want to stop.

15. Oldhippie

Oldhippie

Hey guys! What's up today for me is I logged into FHC to say hello.

In January I got my 2nd knee replacement. Which has worked out really well.

I've been pretty busy since Covid came to town. Since I live in the woods of Massachusetts, my daughter.her hubby and the grandchild fled NYC and came and lived with us for all of the Spring and in June they moved to a AirB&B here in Mass and now they finally moved to a new home they bought in Maplewood NJ. Loved having the grandson here for a while but it was also nice to see them find their own digs and leave.

I bought a new Harley in June and I am loving it. So the motorcycle mania is still a part of my life at 70 and I hope for a few more years.

Yard work, and gardening never ends. I still buy the wood I burn and have been in on the 2+ year plan for quite sometime. Last year being pretty mild put me in real good shape going forward.

I haven't started any wood stoves yet, but we did put the heat on one morning when it was 33'F when we woke up. I still have on AC unit to put away!

The wife and I are healthy, I'm still spinning records, riding my bikes, and hoping we can get past this C19 stuff in 2021. I'd love to be able to actually go into a diner and not have to eat at a picnic table as the colder weather comes.

God bless you all. Stay safe and I'll prolly hang around the EPA Stoves thread more--or-less now that old man weather gave me the wake up call that burning season is around the corner.

Here's a pic (what would this post be if it didn't have couple pics!) for all you guys.

Line up at Monadnock HD.jpg Nice Rt119 shot.jpg Garage 2.jpg

16. Warner

Warner

Got home today to see that inventory has doubled. I’m going to get to that three year mark one of these days! E5F3F287-26AA-443D-9799-B93B65DD83E0.jpeg

17. mat60

mat60

18. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

19. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

Good to hear from you Steve! Glad to hear you have been well. I thought of you a few weeks ago when I drove through Ashby on my way to welderdave's property in Winchester, NH.

20. lukem

lukem

20200923_211911.jpg
    Still a long way to go, but my goal is to get the bases set so I can get granite templated next week.

For those wondering the right hand side is a blind corner....the sink will be on the left.