In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

A Pleasant surprise

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Biddleman, Sep 22, 2020.

  1. Biddleman

    Biddleman

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2019
    Messages:
    3,069
    Likes Received:
    24,193
    Location:
    River Hills of Pennsylvania
    Moving some wood from stacks to porch. I have about 4 cords of cherry and hackberry in one mega stack. Found a vein of black locust splits that I forgot about. :D I usually stack BL seperate. Guess my past self wanted to surprise my future self and present self found it today.

    Have you ever found a type of wood in your stacks that you forgot about.
     
  2. sirbuildalot

    sirbuildalot

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2019
    Messages:
    3,424
    Likes Received:
    22,826
    Location:
    Mass
    Sadly, no hidden surprises here.
     
  3. Chud

    Chud

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2020
    Messages:
    7,254
    Likes Received:
    54,026
    Location:
    NC
    I found a rack of blackgum.
    It was a surprise because I thought everything left in that area was Oak. It’s my oldest wood, so there could be more surprises.
     
  4. grandgourmand

    grandgourmand

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2016
    Messages:
    1,322
    Likes Received:
    7,436
    Location:
    Ontario
    That’s like finding $20 in an old pair of jeans


    Unfortunately my stacks aren’t big enough to find surprises. I know every piece of wood by name.