In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Retiring The Green Mountain Hauler

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Skier76, Sep 15, 2020.

  1. Skier76

    Skier76

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2014
    Messages:
    3,080
    Likes Received:
    17,013
    Location:
    CT and SoVT
    It served us well! Hauled many cords of wood and a lot of that material to build the shed behind it. I’d say I got every last bit of use out of it!

    [​IMG]
    The tailgate was prone to popping out and needed the ratchet strap to keep it on. At one point, I went over our bridge a little fast and ripped the bed right off the frame. The last few loads of rounds from my neighbors was too much for the slightly bent tongue and the bushings on the wheels are toasted.

    Polar LG 1300
    [​IMG]

    What an upgrade! Easy to assemble, holds a good amount of wood and tows very nicely.
    [​IMG]

    This will help a lot with the rest of the wood I’ll get from my neighbor’s property.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
     
  2. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,640
    Likes Received:
    130,611
    Location:
    Vermont
    Great job I hope it serves you well for as long as the last one!
     
  3. Skier76

    Skier76

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2014
    Messages:
    3,080
    Likes Received:
    17,013
    Location:
    CT and SoVT
    Thank you! I should try and dig up pics of that unit when I picked it up. It was in rough shape; I trade the guy a leaf blower with a blown engine and he gave me the trailer and $20.
     
  4. sirbuildalot

    sirbuildalot

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2019
    Messages:
    3,424
    Likes Received:
    22,826
    Location:
    Mass
    Cngrats!!! I've heard good things about the Polar trailers.
     
    mat60, Jack Straw, Skier76 and 3 others like this.
  5. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,173
    Likes Received:
    166,456
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    Those are super handy tools. You'll appreciate the wider tires too.
     
    mat60, Jack Straw, Skier76 and 2 others like this.
  6. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    Congratulations.
     
    Horkn, mat60, Jack Straw and 2 others like this.
  7. Skier76

    Skier76

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2014
    Messages:
    3,080
    Likes Received:
    17,013
    Location:
    CT and SoVT
    [​IMG]

    This trailer worked awesome today. It pulls so smoothly and you hardly know it’s there. Those tires and sealed bearings make a big difference. I should have bought this unit sooner. Live and learn!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
     
  8. sirbuildalot

    sirbuildalot

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2019
    Messages:
    3,424
    Likes Received:
    22,826
    Location:
    Mass
    Your loads are gradually getting bigger in it. Time to give it a real test!!! Load that baby up!!!
     
    Skier76, tamarack, Horkn and 2 others like this.
  9. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
    That’s awesome! I hope you get many years out of that.
     
    Skier76, Horkn and mat60 like this.
  10. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,173
    Likes Received:
    166,456
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    As some have said previously, don't mind the mule, load the wagon!

    I think that's Bogey Dave's favorite saying. Haven't seen him in a while.
     
    Skier76 likes this.
  11. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,751
    Likes Received:
    214,924
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    You worked it hard and served you well. Best of luck with the new one! :quad:
     
    Skier76, Horkn and Canadian border VT like this.