I took a small ride on the lower side of our property, part of what I think is a yellow birch came down, the rest is still hanging. I'll get the stuff on the ground by the middle of next week if not before. I would've started it tonight but it was my duty to get the fire going outside so we could cook hot dogs and s'mores,
Looks like yellow all right. I definitely would stay clear of that snag it looks like is hanging by a thread.
It's time for a few more slugs in that horizontal hanger, it will come down before the end of July. More wood Stinny, after last winter we never have enough.
We have company this week, two little ones, 8 & 10. The 8 year old caught this in the Brook on his second cast, nice fish.
I was thinking the same thing about the horizontal hanger...that it isn't be held by much-at all! I like the smell of the yellow birch bark when it burns.
Looks like a good time in The Woodlands! -Family\Friends -Wood -Fresh caught trout -Fire -Smores Good Times!
Nice work ahead woodlands. And good on you for making the dogs and smores. We just made smores around the bon fire last Saturday and Sunday night. Wife's grand kids, our kids, and we were all having a good time.
Zap, I was just thinking yesterday morning that I haven't been out trout fishing this year (again). Nice to see that your 8 yr old remembers one of the finer joys of summer.
Keep and eat the fish or toss? Wish my trees came labeled like that. No 2nd guessing which ones to cut. Don't mind me, I'm trying out the new smilies.
Yup Grizz is doing a good job of adding more... wonder if he'll find some more logger/lumberjack smilies...
I decided after having some coffee that I would make a run back in so I could grab this Yellow Birch that I cut up late winter or early this spring, the ice storm claimed another tree. I'll get what is left in picture 9548 before the end of next week.