Hello to all, This is my first time post to forgive me if I do something wrong. I have a HUSKEE 35 ton log splitter (Model #21-53605). It quit running a few days ago and I have determined it is the Lovejoy couplers from the motor to the pump. Just so you know I basically do not know what I am talking about, until a few days ago I did not know a Lovejoy coupler existed. The problem now is figuring out the right coupler. The parts manual only says 1” I.D. Coupler half and 1/2” coupler half. The company says they are out of stock! But when I try to order them, there are just a lot of coupler sizes out there! I would really appreciate your help since I have a lot of wood to split and not much time. Thanks!
The shaft on the engine is 1 inch and the shaft in the pump is 1/2 inch you can get the parts from northern tool. You will likely need a spider as well.
https://m.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_14085_14085?cm_mmc=Google-pla&utm_source=Google_PLA&utm_medium=Hydraulics > Hydraulic Couplings > Hydraulic Half Couplings&utm_campaign=Northern Tool and Equipment&utm_content=3011&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIz9bC8vTm6wIVzZyzCh1jLAKQEAQYASABEgK6NfD_BwE https://m.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200327517_200327517?cm_mmc=Google-pla&utm_source=Google_PLA&utm_medium=Hydraulics > Hydraulic Couplings > Hydraulic Half Couplings&utm_campaign=Northern Tool and Equipment&utm_content=3054&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIz9bC8vTm6wIVzZyzCh1jLAKQEAQYAiABEgJlQPD_BwE
Welcome to the club. Lots of great folks here sharing knowledge and humor. Do you have a Bearings and Drive store near you? Or Tractor Supply? Northern Tool? They should be able to help you. Take the old parts with you so they can match them up. We have some great machinists and mechanics... Screwloose brenndatomu Chaz SKEETER McCLUSKEY There are more, but I can't remember right now.
My local tractor supply has different size lovejoys and the spider. If you have one, take the lovejoy to the store to match it up.
X2...most any farm store will have the common ones in stock...bearing and/or industrial supply houses too. Do you just need a new spider, or one of the coupler (both?) halves is torn up?
Had to do mine a couple a years ago. Here is the thread on it. Some good info from the guys here! Love joy sheared on splitter