In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Iowa hoarders free pine.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Chazsbetterhalf, Aug 17, 2020.

  1. Chazsbetterhalf

    Chazsbetterhalf

    Joined:
    May 18, 2018
    Messages:
    6,010
    Likes Received:
    39,593
    Location:
    Ny
    Hello all. I have a son who lives in Cedar Rapids Ia. He got hit by the storm pretty good. Had a lot of pine come down. He lost like 140 trees total. He told me he is willing to give a few truck loads of pine away for free. He is not a hoarder what can I say. He said it is bucked any where between 12" to about 20". I have seen the pile, it is huge. But if you are interested pm me with your contact info and I will pass it on. He is keeping all the hard wood.
     
  2. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    Any pics, Jill?
     
    Midwinter and Chazsbetterhalf like this.
  3. Chazsbetterhalf

    Chazsbetterhalf

    Joined:
    May 18, 2018
    Messages:
    6,010
    Likes Received:
    39,593
    Location:
    Ny
    At this point no. It is all marco polo video.
     
    Midwinter and TurboDiesel like this.
  4. Erik B

    Erik B

    Joined:
    May 12, 2015
    Messages:
    5,653
    Likes Received:
    39,093
    Location:
    Western Wisconsin
    I got an e-mail from one of the men at our church asking if there might be some men who would be willing to go to Cedar Rapids to help with the clean-up. Food and lodging would be provided. I am not going. I am in the age bracket for getting Covid-19. I don't like the idea of cutting up lots of yard trees and ruining my chains. I don't know who would be providing oil and gas, I have a cousin who lives there and he has been without power for a week. His son-in-law did get him a generator so he can keep food cold. He said the damage is more widespread than the flood they had a few years ago.
     
    Chazsbetterhalf and Ronaldo like this.
  5. Chazsbetterhalf

    Chazsbetterhalf

    Joined:
    May 18, 2018
    Messages:
    6,010
    Likes Received:
    39,593
    Location:
    Ny
    I have two sons in CR. Luckily they did not suffer any home damage. One son got power back last Wednesday and the other last Sunday. Stated half of the city was still out.
    I was suppose to go out there for labor day weekend but covid 19 and Cuomo put a stop to that. If we went my husband would have to go into a 2 wk quarantine when we got back home. Plus I have COPD and on o2.
     
    Midwinter likes this.
  6. Chazsbetterhalf

    Chazsbetterhalf

    Joined:
    May 18, 2018
    Messages:
    6,010
    Likes Received:
    39,593
    Location:
    Ny
    Here is a couple pics of some of the down pine but trying to get some pics of the pile.
    storm 4.jpg
    storm 12.jpg

    I believe all the trees in background are down or coming down.
     
    TurboDiesel, Midwinter and Ronaldo like this.