In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

242xp

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Chud, Aug 16, 2020.

  1. Chud

    Chud

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2020
    Messages:
    7,250
    Likes Received:
    53,997
    Location:
    NC
    Does anyone know why they stopped selling cylinders for this saw? Their are some for sale in Europe, but I can’t find anyone selling them in the states, oem, or aftermarket. I’m new here, I hoard firewood and have some sweet saws.
     
    Ou812, Chaz, Chazsbetterhalf and 2 others like this.
  2. M2theB

    M2theB

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2017
    Messages:
    3,004
    Likes Received:
    19,226
    Location:
    Central Massachusetts
    welcome aboard Chud
    I don’t know why. I’m not sure I’ve run across a 242xp. Obscure in my travels.
    Similar, I found it hard to find a 262xp cylinder, except for the poorly made one I ended up using.
    IMO, 262 is well traveled saw and I was surprised at the difficulties.
    I did find a NOS but it was to much for the budget.
    What are your sweet saws?
     
  3. Ron T

    Ron T

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2018
    Messages:
    2,568
    Likes Received:
    18,905
    Location:
    Northeast Ohio....Bowdil
    Welcome aboard. Tell us of these sweet saws you speak of.
     
  4. Chud

    Chud

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2020
    Messages:
    7,250
    Likes Received:
    53,997
    Location:
    NC
    Well I have a love hate relationship with my 242 and 288 and my Stihl lineup is 260,261,044,462, and the crown jewel 084AV.
    I’m fortunate enough to be choosy with the logs I bring home, but because I’m a hoarder, sometimes they are monsters.
     
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
    Ou812, MikeInMa, Ron T and 3 others like this.