I answered an add for this 029 at a good price today. And the seller was willing to meet me three miles from the house. Easy decision. I bought it and went through it a little bit. The thing seems pretty mint. He said when it gets hot it starts to give him issues. Haven’t seen that yet making cuts in the process area, but I’ll continue to poke. It does hit 13.5 at WOT. A little high. Saw also came with a case and 5 chains. Two chains have a grind I’ve never seen. Anybody ever seen this? It’s like a semi skip. The two thing I did find going through it; 1) the spark plug cap was only half on, 2) the air filter was caked.
Ive had a few of these pass through the bench. Including an upgrade to a 039 with some horizontal port work. These are Flippers. Nice saws! But wrong hue for me. Exceptions so far is the 020T and 075AV. Both exceptional. Also an 026. A must have.
I’m new to the site but I think that looks like a milling chain or an attempt at one. My Granberg chains have a couple of teeth that look like that between the normal teeth.
first post, that is new. Welcome aboard! Could be an attempt at a milling chain. Looks deliberate. Wouldn’t have guessed that at all for such a small saw. Look forward to hear from miller’s out there. Thanks!
I think you nailed it. Guy I bought it from didn’t mention that he milled with it. I doubt he did much. Piston looks excellent. He did mention when it gets hot is sputters. Milling with a 55cc gets it hotter.