I did a little walk thru of the woodyard. Maybe we can get serious about CSS since a couple other side jobs are finished (roof on our son's house and building the calico wood shed...wood shed floor thread). We put the dump trailer and 'Bota to work.
Thats a lotta wood, but ya gotta get it while the gettins good. Id be scratching my head not knowing where to start. Is that an average amount to have on hand? Good thing you just made that shed. Looking forward to seeing it fill up.
I had more than that last year, but some had been here over a year. Had it all cleaned up late winter/early spring. So we have gotten plenty in so far. Fixing to get started on it.
Major heatwave happening right now in the mid-Atlantic region. Be safe out there! I’d not want to be firewood’n right now. Only if it was absolutely necessary. It’s not supposed to drop out of the 90’s all week/weekend. Unsure of beyond that. I can’t imagine living further south where it gets hotter and last longer. I hate the sweltering heat.
Nice looking logs. Not much that’s big. Tune for some serious saw time! How many cords of logs you figure you have there?
Wow, we are not quite that hot this week, barely making 90° until the weekend, which I'll be working 7AM-7PM. Be a good time to turn on the fans and lights...and keep the cooler close.
Conservative guess 10-11 cords. IIRC we have hauled 14-15 trailer loads, a couple weren't completely full, but a couple were over the top... Got 2 sheds to fill now, about 5 cords in the smaller one, 9 in the biggest one
We could almost have a GTG, even have a pool close by the wood yard. And put some chicken on the smoker
Thanks, haven't done a walk thru inventory in awhile. We have more to drop and haul, just didn't have any where to dump it...lol