In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Warner

Warner

2. fishingpol

fishingpol

I picked up an old Jotul 380 Lumberjack cook stove on FB Marketplace today. I believe it is a pretty rare bird. Circa 1972 - 1979. I've been looking at 602' s to put in a small sugar house to boil small batches of sap.

Our daughter wants to help design a small cabin/she-shed to use in the fall through spring for wood-fired cooking, maybe do some art work out there or just relax and read.

I'm all for it as I would use it too, especially in the winter, cooking soup or breakfast out there. It is overkill, but I figure small fires will be the way to go. It takes an 18" split. It should be a fun project.

20200628_183025.jpg

20200628_182716.jpg

Nudie "artwork" on the side.:eek: not sure where the Lumberjack nickname came from.

20200628_182824.jpg

Buzz Benton, Eric VW, Thor and 14 others like this.
  3. Horkn

Horkn

Lumber Jill. " Is that a banjo you are playing, or what?"

4. bogieb

bogieb

Because we all know you don't have anything else to do and have all the spare time in the world ;)

Looks like that stove is in pretty good shap for being 50 years old. Someone must have kept it dry.

Eric VW, Brandon Scott, Chaz and 6 others like this.
  5. bogieb

bogieb

Rain :singingintherain:, I got rain! 2.25" last night. Would have been nice if it hadn't mostly been driving rain, but beggars can't be choosers.

Eric VW, Brandon Scott, Chaz and 6 others like this.
  6. Midwinter

Midwinter

I like that stove! You could boil a small batch of sap on that, or make a big pot of chicken broth.

7. Midwinter

Midwinter

We got a good soaking too, and it looks like a rainy pattern for the next few days, finally.

8. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    We have sunshine for this week. Enough with the rain. The garden needs some sun. Off to work today for my last week. Only four days as Canada Day is Wednesday.

9. lukem

lukem

Outside air feels like soup this morning. Good day to be stuck inside all day.

Change of plans on the remodel. Master bedroom is 95% done...just needs some door trim, so we decided to move in there for now, remodel another bedroom on the other side of the master bath, then do the bath last. Demo on the second bedroom starts today....wonder what kind of surprises I'll find.

10. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Based on the house’s history? We can hope good ones for you........ :whistle:

11. lukem

lukem

The hot soup intensifies:

upload_2020-6-29_13-53-34.png

Not too many days I can remember (anywhere) hitting a dew point over 78. No breeze to help out either.

Usually when the air gets like this the SHTF in the evening. Let's hope we don't get any severe storms.

12. Marshel54

Marshel54

Kind of proud of myself but I didn't do it.
    We watched our almost 4 year-old great grandson today. Sent him home all sugared up.
    I didn't do it. He sugared himself up and did a darn good job of it.
    He was all proud himself for eating all of great grandpa's, candy. I didn't have any candy. The candy was great great grandma's and he put a dent in it. He was wound up.
    Nice to send them home on a high mote.:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  13. lukem

lukem

Got 90% of the demo done on the next bedroom. Hauled 2 pickup loads to the burn pile....1 left sitting on the floor. I think I lost 10 lbs in sweat this evening.

No major surprises. Just need to pull the baseboard heater to finish tearing out, remove the old wiring and insulation. Frame closet, rewire, insulate, and fix AC vent next . Hopefully will be close to ready for drywall by the end of the day on Friday.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  14. bogieb

bogieb

Wow, that is a pleasant surprise.

15. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

:rofl: :lol:

When my stepdaughter was young, chocolate wound her up like you've never seen. It was amazing, like take the effects of the same amount of chocolate to three kids all in one. Whenever she would go spend a night with her father, she would always come home with a bag of candy. My wife would put it aside, then give it to her an hour before her father would pick her up the next time. :whistle:

Chazsbetterhalf, Chaz, bogieb and 8 others like this.
  16. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

WORD From The Woods

Galatians 2:1-10

Then after fourteen years I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, taking Titus along with me. I went up because of a revelation and set before them (though privately before those who seemed influential) the gospel that I proclaim among the Gentiles, in order to make sure I was not running or had not run in vain. But even Titus, who was with me, was not forced to be circumcised, though he was a Greek. Yet because of false brothers secretly brought in—who slipped in to spy out our freedom that we have in Christ Jesus, so that they might bring us into slavery— to them we did not yield in submission even for a moment, so that the truth of the gospel might be preserved for you. And from those who seemed to be influential (what they were makes no difference to me; God shows no partiality) —those, I say, who seemed influential added nothing to me. On the contrary, when they saw that I had been entrusted with the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been entrusted with the gospel to the circumcised (for he who worked through Peter for his apostolic ministry to the circumcised worked also through me for mine to the Gentiles), and when James and Cephas and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given to me, they gave the right hand of fellowship to Barnabas and me, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised. Only, they asked us to remember the poor, the very thing I was eager to do.”

This is kind of an interesting passage, there is actually quite a lot to be gleaned from it but I will just touch on a few things. Paul points out that after 14 years he went up to Jerusalem, he must have become a very mature disciple of Christ by this point. Paul also takes Barnabas and Titus with him. I think that it's important to see that not only has Paul become a mature disciple, but he has been discipling Barnabas and Titus. As followers of Christ we need to always be involved in being discipled and discipling others. Paul being a mature believer had become sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit and he received revelation of some sort that he should carry the gospel to Jerusalem. In the same way, we need to learn how to hear the leading of the Holy Spirit. Paul talks about making sure he wasn't doing this in vain and getting caught up in the legalistic things of Judaism. He makes it clear that things like circumcision were not necessary to serve the Lord. I think this is very important for us to remember today. How many legalistic things do we get hung up on that aren't necessary for salvation? Paul says he stood up against false brothers who were trying to convict by making him feel enslaved by the law. Paul also comments about those who "seemed" influential not adding anything to him. I think he is telling us that a person's status makes no difference before God and in verse 10, Peter, James and John remind Paul to remember the poor. I think it's also important to recognize that Peter, James and John show humility by serving Paul and Barnabas, who were younger in the The Lord than they were. Paul looked to them as Pillars among the apostles, but as followers of Christ we are all called to serve one another. It doesn’t matter if you are a choker setter or a yarder engineer, a truck diver or the owner of a logging company, you are called to serve those around you in humility. Especially, when you are hoping to share the gospel! This industry tends to have a lot of pride involved in it, it takes a lot of hard work and money to get ahead. That effort and money that we put into this business can quickly lead our hearts astray. Don’t forget to be humble and kind before all men, and that God has placed you right where you’re at to be used by him to further His kingdom! I hope these things are on your mind as you go out and serve The Lord in all you do this week!

God bless and have a great week! -Terry

17. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Agreed- that’s great!!!

Chazsbetterhalf, Chaz, bogieb and 3 others like this.
  18. lukem

lukem

It's not that I didn't find anything, I'm just not surprised by much anymore.

Chazsbetterhalf, Chaz, bogieb and 6 others like this.
  19. Horkn

Horkn

So you'd have been surprised if it was built like a standard house? :rofl: :lol:

20. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Oh you own one of those:doh:
    Buddy bought a house 5 miles from me previous owner was a master electrician..

I think he came down with Alzheimer’s cause wiring was scary.. live 220 line under siding