In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

LOL Yep! We pitch these as a great way to get your kids outside away from the screens. Unfortunately, as we are getting this going, my daughter is now getting WAY too much screen time. In the past two days, I have done the builds myself so that my wife can spend more time with her. (and so I can build them quicker)

2. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

Twins that I built in the last 24 hours, and the new work bench I built in that time as well. The windows are "serving windows" there is a small counter on the back, and hooks so the chalkboard's can be hung on the back too.

One of these is for the owner of two preschools, she wants to see how her own kids likes them first. If it's a hit, shes gonna buy four of them.

The other is for a wealthy grandmother. Shes buying three total between now and New Years for the grandchildren's birthdays. I expect many of her friends to follow suit from how she spoke about them. It sounds EXACTLY like how my wealthy MIL and her friends try and one up each other.

Attached Files:

3. Midwinter

Midwinter

Getting pretty good at taking apart pallets? How about a pretend "oven" on the lower shelf?
    They are very nice.

4. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

No pallets in these ones, thus it is MUCH easier to build! I ordered one of the pallet busters, and it should be here Tuesday, so that will help with the others. We have seen the oven, but havent given it a go yet. Honestly, it would add more complexity to the build, slowing me down, and Im not sure if the ROI would be there. We are already getting top dollar.

5. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

I have one of those...they work great.
    One piece of advice that will speed things up...as long as you don't need the boards in their full length, or need to use the stringers (PITA to pull all the nails anyways) just use the pallet buster to pull loose from the middle stringer...then zip a circular saw down the inside of the outer stringers, flip over, repeat, done...stripped pallet in a couple minutes.
    If you are using them for firewood its even faster to just use the circular saw to cut all 3 stringers loose, then surgically cut the stringers to length between the nails...goes really fast once you get a system down!
    If you want to use your ashes to spread on the yard/garden/driveway this method doesn't work out as well...

6. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

:dancer::banana::rootintootin:

A family we know from school and very much like and respect has a teenage daughter that will "babysit" kiddo!! Kiddo NEEDS to get out of the house and some social interaction. Awesome!! She just got her driver's license, so as we all remember when we her her age she is itching to drive :rofl: :lol:, and this will give her practice out here without traffic to come get kiddo and drop her off. :yes:

7. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

I am using them for some of the mud kitchens. I also got one of these for removing the nails. It works awesome!

8. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Huh...never seen one of those before...how's it work?

9. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

There is a good chance the last dozen times I been here she was one, I just didn't notice!

10. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Is it an air hammer? Clicking the link now.

11. Horkn

Horkn

Happy birthday Canadian border VT !!!

12. Horkn

Horkn

13. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

You're welcome but I must mention it was the mod/admin team that did this. Thank them :)

14. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

15. bogieb

bogieb

X2 - looks like a nifty tool that I never knew I "needed" before. Guessing it doesn't work so well with framing nails (as opposed to pallets)?

16. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

I used it once so far, and it worked pretty good. It wasnt pushing 95% of the nails completely out of the boards, but I believe that is because I didnt let my compressor build up enough pressure before turning it off. It pushed them so that the pointed end was flush with the board though.

You insert the nail into the tip, then pull the trigger and there is a rod inside that fires down and shoots the nail out of the board.

17. fishingpol

fishingpol

It has been a busy weekend so far. Attic bedroom build is moving along. I've started brass repair on the salvaged front walk post light. Looking to do some soldering today to fix the base to the lantern.

We were having line of sight issues down the road as the brush was growing out to the road. cars would round the corner way too quick and it was getting dangerous. I keep it mowed back, but some taller brush was getting thick. I had planned to get the brush trimmer out and work on it. Friday afternoon, the Public Works Dept brush mower worked it's way down the street. I had a quick chat with the operator and he used the articulated arm to get back about 8 feet.

I removed four, small, thorny locust trees that were in a group, and now we have a safe view again. It saved me a few hours of work too.:yes: I'm hoping to take it easy today, but projects don't go away.

Happy belated birthday Canadian border VT !

18. Midwinter

Midwinter

Nice when that happens!

19. Horkn

Horkn

Of course:)

20. Warner

Warner

3220519B-7C4C-4DDD-ABFA-B482A3B05EB5.jpeg Relaxing on the beach now, fighting traffic later. Have a good day hoarders.

eatonpcat, Marvin, Midwinter and 9 others like this.