In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Stairway Refurbish

Discussion in 'The DIY Room' started by bogieb, May 10, 2020.

  1. metalcuttr

    metalcuttr

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2018
    Messages:
    3,791
    Likes Received:
    27,775
    Location:
    western WA
    What an improvement that was!:thumbs:
     
    Chaz, Chazsbetterhalf and bogieb like this.
  2. Stephiedoll

    Stephiedoll

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    4,079
    Likes Received:
    29,337
    Location:
    Omaha, NE.
    Looks great. You know, if anyone needs practice, I have a long list of fun little wood projects around here.
     
    Chaz, Chazsbetterhalf and bogieb like this.
  3. bogieb

    bogieb

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2015
    Messages:
    12,556
    Likes Received:
    76,367
    Location:
    New Hampshire
    Yeah, the commute would be a killer :D
     
  4. Chazsbetterhalf

    Chazsbetterhalf

    Joined:
    May 18, 2018
    Messages:
    6,010
    Likes Received:
    39,593
    Location:
    Ny
    I was thinking handrails also. The stairs looks beautiful.
     
    Chaz and bogieb like this.
  5. bogieb

    bogieb

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2015
    Messages:
    12,556
    Likes Received:
    76,367
    Location:
    New Hampshire
    Thanks for the compliments Stephiedoll & Chazsbetterhalf

    The stairs are not very wide. My laundry basked barely fits up it sideways as it is, so handrails, although they might look nice, would just be in the way. Maybe I'll need them at a later time, and I could put them up then. At this point, even if I lost balance, I can just lean over a couple of inches so my shoulder hits the wall, or slap out a hand.
     
    Chaz, Chazsbetterhalf and Woodwidow like this.
  6. Chaz

    Chaz

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2018
    Messages:
    8,741
    Likes Received:
    61,980
    Location:
    Southwestern NY
    Stairs look really great bogieb
    Nice work.
    :yes: