In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pin oak

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Ron T, Jun 18, 2020.

  1. Ron T

    Ron T

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2018
    Messages:
    2,568
    Likes Received:
    18,906
    Location:
    Northeast Ohio....Bowdil
    Big pin oak blew down back in April. Finally dry enough where it is laying to start getting it home. Truckload and 16ft. Trailer load today. About another trailer load left. 20200618_170206.jpg
     
  2. Ron T

    Ron T

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2018
    Messages:
    2,568
    Likes Received:
    18,906
    Location:
    Northeast Ohio....Bowdil
    The boss has informed me that I need to take care of this before I haul more in:salute::whistle: 20200618_173027.jpg
     
  3. jo191145

    jo191145

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2015
    Messages:
    7,233
    Likes Received:
    50,427
    Location:
    Ct
    While I understand the boss is always right sometimes you gotta get while the gettins good. Blame it on me :)
    Truck and 16 foot trailer. That’s a lotta wood. Just keepa go.
     
  4. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,743
    Likes Received:
    214,872
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    That pile is a beautiful thing! If you process it, now there will be more room to keep hoarding!
    Well done Ron!
    What is covering the stack in the back?
     
  5. Ron T

    Ron T

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2018
    Messages:
    2,568
    Likes Received:
    18,906
    Location:
    Northeast Ohio....Bowdil
    That is rubber roofing...love it for the stacks.
     
  6. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,156
    Location:
    Central MI
  7. Ron T

    Ron T

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2018
    Messages:
    2,568
    Likes Received:
    18,906
    Location:
    Northeast Ohio....Bowdil
    My buddy just text and says he has a 12x12 piece of rubber. I'll take all of that he can get.
     
  8. Ron T

    Ron T

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2018
    Messages:
    2,568
    Likes Received:
    18,906
    Location:
    Northeast Ohio....Bowdil
    That's the plan. Just have to stay a step ahead of the boss.
    She wanted some things done to the house. Metal roof is being put on the 1st week of July as well as siding. That ought to keep her happy for awhile :makeitrain"
     
  9. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,743
    Likes Received:
    214,872
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    Thanks, i couldnt tell what it is. I see it mustve been wet when photo taken. Thats what threw me as its "shiny"
     
  10. Ron T

    Ron T

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2018
    Messages:
    2,568
    Likes Received:
    18,906
    Location:
    Northeast Ohio....Bowdil
    Wet it was. It really stormed just as I was finishing up. Perfect timing.
     
  11. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,156
    Location:
    Central MI
    The only caution I'd give would be to put something under the rubber to keep it level rather than having pockets where water will sit. Water turns into ice which could mean some problems during winter months. I used rubber once. It did okay but in the end, I decided that because it is so heavy I just did not want to wrestle with it again. The galvanized roofing we use is much lighter and does an excellent job for us.
     
  12. Ron T

    Ron T

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2018
    Messages:
    2,568
    Likes Received:
    18,906
    Location:
    Northeast Ohio....Bowdil
    Thanks, I'll take that advice. Would love to have metal but the rubber is coming free.
     
  13. Ron T

    Ron T

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2018
    Messages:
    2,568
    Likes Received:
    18,906
    Location:
    Northeast Ohio....Bowdil
    Went and cleaned the rest of it up this morning. Now time to start processing what's here. 20200621_122955.jpg 20200621_122946.jpg
     
  14. Ron T

    Ron T

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2018
    Messages:
    2,568
    Likes Received:
    18,906
    Location:
    Northeast Ohio....Bowdil
    A lot of it won't need split but there's plenty there that will.
     
  15. Ron T

    Ron T

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2018
    Messages:
    2,568
    Likes Received:
    18,906
    Location:
    Northeast Ohio....Bowdil
    Property owner also has 2 very large dead ash he wants gone. The neighbor and I will take care of those this fall.
     
  16. Erik B

    Erik B

    Joined:
    May 12, 2015
    Messages:
    5,648
    Likes Received:
    39,072
    Location:
    Western Wisconsin
    Ron T Do you keep the smaller limb wood mixed in with the larger splits or do you keep them separate for shoulder season? Some of it almost looks like kindling size. It is nice clean looking wood:thumbs::thumbs::yes:
     
  17. Ron T

    Ron T

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2018
    Messages:
    2,568
    Likes Received:
    18,906
    Location:
    Northeast Ohio....Bowdil
    The smaller stuff gets put aside for the wife to burn in the fire pit.
     
    Erik B likes this.