In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Anyone wanna guess how this is gonna go...

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Eckie, Jun 3, 2020.

1. bushpilot

bushpilot

I believe it was the family. I have no reason to doubt its veracity.

2. Eckie

Eckie

3. Eckie

Eckie

Which one do you believe the most?

Chazsbetterhalf likes this.
  4. savemoney

savemoney

The one that the family had done showed that the combination of the knee on the back and one on the neck lead to suffocation being the cause of death. Nearly 9 min.s of that. He was handcuffed. 4 officers were involved. No weapons. I worked many years in mental health and had many violent patients. The holds we had never were lethal, caused pain etc. Yes I got hit, even strangled. Even had my man parts turn black and blue. Patient safety was always first.

5. bushpilot

bushpilot

I haven't seen another, but I have no trouble believing that he was killed by a cop. It happens all the time.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  6. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Strangely enough- there’s growing evidence that the kneeling cop and the Asiatic cop, as well as the victim are “cry sis aktors”.... but who knows for sure.

7. Eckie

Eckie

The way I understand it...there was an autopsy performed. I dont remember what it said the cod was, but i dont think it was asphyxiation. The family did not like the results of the original autopsy, so they hired a ME for a 2nd. That one said asphyxiation. One of them, I think it was the first, showed fentanyl in his system
    If anyone has better details or corrections to the above please correct.

There have been some interesting theories floating around...

8. bushpilot

bushpilot

9. bushpilot

bushpilot

I am as much a conspiracy theorist as the next guy, but sorry, that is a non-starter.

10. Eckie

Eckie

Yes,my point was the 2 autopsies state different cod. The first one is the one that said he had fentanyl and meth in his system. Havent seen that the 2nd one states that...

11. bushpilot

bushpilot

Fentanyl and THC from what I see, no meth unless I missed it, and I am not claiming to have a clue about autopsies.

The first one is here www.hennepin.us (assuming it is the legit one ...)

Though I am not sure why it would matter if he did have unapproved substances in his blood. A knee to the neck is pretty universally fatal if held there long enough, and it was.

12. Eckie

Eckie

Yes, it is. And i have not watched all the videos out there. But i wonder if the drugs had anything to do with why he was being held down? NPR article included meth. And i most certainly am not versed in autopsies either, thankfully. Both do state homocide from what i read in various articles.

13. Rowerwet

Rowerwet

The possibility that they knew each other from working together previously leads me to believe this may have been payback for something done before.
    Hatred and grudges have pitted brother against brother since Cain and Able

14. Eckie

Eckie

I was thinking the same... Still surprising that the other cops didn't step in, if this was "routine policing that went wrong". As in if harm or worse wasnt intended.... I know restraint moves/tactics are meant to work, and the type/force needed may change based on the actions/force needed. But one would think that knees on the body for that amount of time would not be routine, unless it were obviously needed, which is obviously questionable/seemingly untrue based on vids. Which brings one to ask...was this intended or some kind of hit based on opportunity, or even worse - something staged/planned.

I still have a hard time understanding how it can be called racism, unless motive is stated from the cops, or can be ascertained from previous actions, statements, social media etc....that shed light on the officer(s) beliefs and intentions.

15. Midwinter

Midwinter

It was murder. Too many black people have been killed by police. We have reached a tipping point as a country.

16. Eckie

Eckie

Murder yes. Intentional or unintentional is up to others to decide. Black, white, brown, pink, purple woth turquoise spots and maroon patches....shouldn't matter the color it is wrong. Still doesn't answer how it can be called racism just because the victim was black and the cop was white. Calling it police brutality, over use of force...anything in that realm, thats fine.

Chazsbetterhalf and savemoney like this.
  17. Midwinter

Midwinter

Racism is as racism does.

Chazsbetterhalf likes this.
  18. Eckie

Eckie

19. Midwinter

Midwinter

I'm not inclined to give Chauvin the benefit of the doubt about any racist motivations. Anyway, he will be prosecuted for murder, not racism.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    Chazsbetterhalf and savemoney like this.
  20. savemoney

savemoney

I am upset about this event and others with the same overtones. But even more so about the numbers of lives lost every weekend in Chicago. 19 this past weekend. Some of them children. I know the circumstances of those killings are different, however it happens every weekend there. Where is the outrage over that? Why hasn't that lead to protest and some interventions.
    As a side note. If those mass gatherings do not deliver a spike in the virus, then we ought to pay attention to that. There is a real need to open this country back up, take precautions, but stop pushing the isolation agenda. We should be able to move about without getting into someone's space. We can chose where and when we will go to what ever event we want. I don't want a nanny watching over me.

Chvymn99, Ron T, Midwinter and 2 others like this.