In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Mountain Biking

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Interests' started by Dumf, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Dumf

Dumf Banned

Old knee injuries coming to bite. So I borrowed a high end Trek mountain bike from a builder friend to try out for another way to move the body.
    Through with wood for the year so I need more besides her taking me for hikes and walks. " Stop whining".
    damm bike riding isn't that easy: balance, shifting, sore butt, falls.
    Any tips ?

Chazsbetterhalf likes this.
  2. Rowerwet

Rowerwet

I've done it more before, it takes more practice than riding on the road. I'm getting back into it more as my older kids enjoy it and finally have bikes big enough.
    I find it is muscle memory, and the more you do it, the better it gets. Just don't try to be superman, there's no shame in walking a hill or obstacle.

3. Dumf

Dumf Banned

Right. Haven't ridden a bike for close to 20 years. After less than a couple of miles on our dirt road, a Monte Python fall, walk up a short hill like you said, and now sore thighs, maybe I will take it slow.
    Couldn't even remember how to dismount. This is not so easy.
    You mean I'm not Superman (anymore ) ?:emb:

4. Dumf

Dumf Banned

Got some serious flak cause I tried to dismount by trying to raise my leg in front of me over the cross bar.
    Me and the bike went flat on the dirt. Twit.
    Now they tell me to do it BEHIND you over the seat. :emb:

eatonpcat likes this.
  5. J bird

J bird

I ride with my kids. They are pretty good I am just happy in the woods. Best money I spent was padded shorts. You wear them and no underwear. I would look like the marshmallow man in mine so I wear baggy shorts over them. I would also recommend an aftermarket seat.

Dumf likes this.