In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

Top 3 day here today. Burgers on the grill, Sam summers, and a fire pit on the agenda for this evening. Gonna be nice and chilly tonight too. Perfect sleeping weather.

2. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Well the boss done did it again,she bought woody's favorite food plant and planted them before having me off the critters and I told her I saw one just before she spent money on known chuck food.

savemoney, jtakeman, imacman and 3 others like this.
  3. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Well got up 3:30 AM this morning and the noggin started churning so I said screw it I taint going to let it get the best of me so I got up grabbed my drone jumped in my truck and headed out on Rt. 2 . Drove out to the French King Bridge and the sun was just peeking over the mountains to the east , perfect let me get this sucker in the air and see what I can video. Actually almost ended up sending it to the bottom of the Conn. River as I survive on coffee and am just plain stupid until I have some. So off the drone went and looking down the river I see a flag in the middle of the river so I am thinking to my stupid sleep deprived self what the heck maybe something in the river, well it was a marker for high tension power wires above and a lot of them. The obstacle detection system will pick wires that big up and they did but I thought it was a glitch but no it was not and only by the grace of the Lord did the bird not end up in the river , flew right over , under and in between some serious cables.

Recorded it in 4 K 60 FPS at 3480 X 2160 but youtube encoded it to 4 K 2160 so it looks decent if you have a fast connection and good hardware, anything less it looks meh but was fun as I ventured further and hit a trout stream as well . Good for the soul the ride and time was I needed it. I thought about editing the beginning but said heck keep it raw meaning when I was setting the drone up for the flight , but the sunrise and the clouds were stunning so I left it alone just added some music. If you have the hardware run it in 4 K some beautiful land and river .

Hope all are well

4. imacman

imacman

Came out great on my connection........saw the wires....YIKES!

5. bogieb

bogieb

Decided NOT to wait until it gets down to 64* in the house before unpacking the P43, uninstalling the portable A/C from the living room window, and lighting up the stove. Then I get to put it all back together toward the end of the week :picard:

Eh, I gots plenty of pellets and propane prices are not down to, or even close to, $2.10 that HHO and automotive gas is so it makes sense for me.

gbreda, schoondog, Luneyburg and 4 others like this.
  6. subsailor

subsailor

6/1/2020. 7:00 AM 35* :shiver:

imacman, jtakeman, wildwest and 3 others like this.
  7. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

This is Maine, best ye remember that!!

imacman, jtakeman, wildwest and 4 others like this.
  8. Earl764

Earl764

47 last night. Slept with the windows open.

savemoney, imacman, gbreda and 6 others like this.
  9. bogieb

bogieb

My low was only 38* - glad I covered up the few tomato and pepper seedlings I planted over the weekend. Will have to cover them again tonight. The pellet stove ran thrice, not the once I was expecting. Part due to high being 61*, part due to mostly cloudy skies, and the rest due to being windy.

savemoney, imacman, Luneyburg and 4 others like this.
  10. scajjr2

scajjr2

Took advantage of the nice cool day today to change the oil on the Rav4 & the Corolla, rotate the tires on the Rav and finally swapped the snow tires for the summer tires on the Corolla. Been at home since Mar 16, employer still has me furloughed, I probably could have left them on for another month or so each car gets driven maybe once a week.

Sam

11. scajjr2

scajjr2

And in the DOH! I never even thought of that dept--
    A couple weeks ago after looking on line for a new sifting cat litter box I started getting all these videos about them on YouTube (Google is everywhere). The DOH moment came as I saw a lot of them were about using pellets as litter. Well tried it this past weekend when the new litter box arrived and am shocked I never knew about it before. Works amazing and zero cat box odor, just piney-wood smell. The Vermonts may be a tad small so I may zip tie a piece of screen under the sifter so I don't have to sift out still good pellets from the sawdust which is what cat pee does to the pellets.

Sam

imacman, IHATEPROPANE, bogieb and 2 others like this.
  12. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Back to work I did. About froze this AM. 35*F with the pellet eater blarin when I left. Skipped the jacket, But did have the heat going in the buggy. :fire:

A/C on the way home............... o_O

I guess I'll keep the stove plugged in JIC? :picard:

13. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

B it was 37 here this morning. The P43 started up and ran on June 1st. That's a first (no pun intended).

14. Lousyweather

Lousyweather

Nice video, Luneyburg ! I turn off the obstacle avoidance on mine....which is certainly a mistake. And I fly in sport mode.....just a matter of time before something goes bad! You were VERY close to those wires.....was watching it and going....oh, $hit, oh $hit.......kinda like an action movie. Nice shots

15. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

42ºF this AM................ Stove on once again! Gonna finish whats in the hopper and pull da plug!! :)

16. Scot Linkletter

Scot Linkletter

We had a frost yesterday morning. Destroyed a lot of gardens.

savemoney, imacman, ttdberg and 2 others like this.
  17. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

Absolutely marvelous

Music is so relaxing.....

18. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

We are indeed fortunate we got a new azz brace lady her name is Becky, Nancy must have been a bad agent/producer.

PelletHound, IHATEPROPANE and bogieb like this.
  19. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Thanks LW and yes it does have a purpose as I headed further west stopped at a beautiful babbling river and sure enough it had a ton of wires crossing it at a very low elevation would have definitely slammed into them as they were at the same height I was cruising at. With the Evo if you fly in ludicrous mode (same as Sport on DJI) it automatically disables the obstacle and it looses altitude so its certainly a gamble and one I lost once as I hit a tree, luckily was not cruising at top speed yet (45mph) and once I got it down from the tree a few days later its worked fine ever since. I'm sure you have had some of those Oh $hit Oh $hit ! Whew !
    Fun stuff relaxing stuff as I forget for the time while doing it my mental job and all of its stress.

Someday when I finish this stupid job Ill head out and we can have some fun flying these suckers . Have recently taken some time and really looked into this drone and found some adjustments that will help the videos(tone down responsiveness axis and gimbal) which only took me 1 1/2 years to take the time ! Life's to short have to take some chill out time and enjoy life a bit more.

Thanks Snowy was some good therapy for me .

Hope all are doing well !

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  20. bogieb

bogieb

Hoping that tonight is the last night of burning. Last night I all but emptied what was left in the P61's hopper to put in the P43. At least I don't have to put a sheet over the vegies tonight as it is only supposed to get in the 50's.

savemoney, Luneyburg, imacman and 4 others like this.