After a couple months of research and suggestion from FHC. We decided on a new addition to our family. This is Hester. He is a Bernedoodle which is a Bernes Mountain Dog/poodle mix. He should grow up to be between 60-70 pounds. He’s been a good puppy so far. I’ll get some better pics when he’s not sleeping!
Yes, one of the many new poodle mix designer dogs. Wife was adamant against shedding so that narrowed down the choices a lot. Going to need a summer hair cut pretty soon though so he doesn’t get too hot. He’ll look like a different dog after that.
Well enough I think...haven't seen her since the day I found out/met the dog...didn't know they had a new dog and he tried to go out the door between my legs the very moment the front door latch was turned.
I had just seen "Bernedoodles" listed for sale around here and wondered if they would have any of the markings of the Bernese or not. Thanks for posting.
Most have more markings and color like a Bernese. Hester only has a little Brown around his eyes, chest, and paws. It will be interesting is that changes and how he looks after a good summer hair cut!
Once they lose their puppy fur and their adult guard hairs grow out, she might be a little different than she looks now. Apparently our fox red lab will get darker as he matures and gets his adult coat.
If you plan on taking him to a groomer, better call now. I called my groomer and for a bath and nail trim it would have been the end of June.
First i've heard of them today? as my buddy at work called this morning and mentioned his wife was on a list for one. Cool looking little fella Dakota.
Vet figures its a mix of his first 3 times in truck when he got a few months old he went and got needles and this? Car sickness or motion sickness is super common amongst puppies, and may be associated with immaturity of the inner ear apparatus that regulates equilibrium and balance. While many dogs outgrow this problem, others continue to experience motion sickness throughout their lives. I'll keep trying with him as he tries to get in truck when i go somewhere.