In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. savemoney

savemoney

Just learned this today, never too old to learn!
    [​IMG]

2. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

I will never do that one again. That was in 2007. I left Port Charlotte Fl in the am, drove 150ish miles to Disney for a trade show. Left there after a few hours and drove 1310 miles home with two 15min power naps along the way

3. Horkn

Horkn

Yes those are definitely handy. I learned about these lines when I was 17 as a freshman in college.

4. bogieb

bogieb

Measuring is for sissy! :D

5. Horkn

Horkn

We did an 800 or so mile leg on our way back to Wisconsin from New England last September. I drove the whole way. That was about all I want to drive in a day. I'd go further with a driver change so I could sleep.

With the whole virus thing, I don't think we'll be flying at least for this upcoming winter. Probably just road trips, maybe long ones again like Florida in winter/ spring.

6. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

I was today years old

NortheastAl, savemoney, XXL and 11 others like this.
  7. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

I drove my dad home from Ft Worth, TX about 8 years ago. We stopped twice on the way. Last day was Carlisle, PA to North Conway, NH. Worst part of the last day was passing within 20 minutes of my house, but still 2.5 hours to go to dads house, then offload everything in the trailer. I was gonna stay the night at my inlaws vacation house down the street before driving one of their cars home, but decided to just shower and drive home that night.

8. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

"WORD From The Woods" Weekly Devotional
    [​IMG]
    WORD From The Woods

Romans 12

“I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned. For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another. Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith; if service, in our serving; the one who teaches, in his teaching; the one who exhorts, in his exhortation; the one who contributes, in generosity; the one who leads, with zeal; the one who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness. Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. Never be wise in your own sight. Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord." To the contrary, "if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head." Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.”

This passage is very straight forward and to the point. There really isn’t much to say about it, we just need to do what Paul is calling Christ followers to do! This particular chapter has been used in so many different sermons, teachings and devotionals over the last 2000 years. We should know every word by memory, it’s a great prescription for how a Christ follower should live the Christian life. There was a book written a few years ago called the fifth gospel, the premise of the book is that most people won’t pick up the Bible and read Matthew, Mark, Luke or John to find out who Christ is. They will however read a fifth gospel, the gospel of your life and mine. As Christians, the way we live our life is a representation of Christ to the rest of the world, and our life reads like a book. When people read it, what will the testimony of your life say to them? The whole point of this ministry and these weekly devotionals is to encourage and equip you to be a living witness to the men and women around you in the timber industry. Pauls words in this passage couldn’t be more critically important to this mission. We are called to be living sacrifices and living testimonies for the creator and His plan to redeem sinful humanity! Our industry tends to be a bit rough in the way loggers conduct themselves. We can easily fall into those things. Rather than becoming conformed to the way those around are acting and speaking, let’s purpose to be change agents who are know by the principals that Paul lays out in Romans 12! Read this passage until it’s written in the pages of your heart. Three words that help me to remember it are Grace, Honor and Love. When you face a situation where your sinful pride is about to well up, remember those three words!

God Bless and have a great week! -Terry-

9. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

My dumbest one was working all day, then loading up and driving straight through the night to Florida...1110 miles...about 4-5 AM things got pretty tough...should have not been in the drivers seat anymore at that point...made it though. Won't be doing any crazy runs like that anymore! I could probably barely do that drive after a full nights rest now! :whistle: :hair:

10. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

X2

NortheastAl, Horkn, savemoney and 7 others like this.
  11. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

I used to drive 12/13 hrs too see my kids. Any more it gets split up. Seems the best we can do is about 8 hrs. Stop, find a hotel then go grab a bit to eat.

NortheastAl, Horkn, savemoney and 8 others like this.
  12. Chaz

Chaz

X3

NortheastAl, Horkn, wildwest and 5 others like this.
  13. Marshel54

Marshel54

Longest I have done was in my younger days Albuquerque NM to Ohio straight throw. I use to love to drive, now I hate it. If it is just me anything over 8 hours is usually a flying trip if I can combine mileage to get a deal or is two day drive.
    Heck I dread the 4 hour drive to Backwoods Savage's place. All right I after I get on the road just the thought of the drive.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    NortheastAl, Horkn, savemoney and 7 others like this.
  14. hovlandhomestead

hovlandhomestead

We just rolled from a 5 hour drive from NE MN to the western suburbs of Minneapolis. That is a chip shot for us now that our kids are grown. When we used to make the trip with 3 kids 8 and younger, it was a little more work.

upload_2020-5-25_11-54-5.png
    Our boys age 23 and 26 help me get this freshly CSS and top covered paper birch put up for a 2-3 year drying period. I worked with them on this all day Saturday into yesterday. I was a little stiff getting out of the truck, but will plan on loosening up with some yard work at home today...and maybe a nap after a hot shower!

15. Midwinter

Midwinter

Looking great! Your future self will thank you for that weekends work!

16. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I just learned this a couple days ago when I stumbled across this same picture.

17. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Just got done switching over from "heat mode" to "AC mode"...second day close to 90 for a high (and the humidity has arrived too) ...the house was starting to heat up! :dennis:

18. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Nice weather...:thumbs::thumbs::rofl: :lol:

19. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Weeell...that depends on your definition of nice...to me it's sunny and 70 with low humidity. 90 is oppressive...just saps all my energy and motivation.

20. Loon

Loon

532 1/2 mil of Rum.

Good to know save, thanks. :coldone: