3.5 hours later and I am done. I detailed the camper top to bottom inside and out including greasing the stabilizers, cleaning the awning, and giving the bearings a shot of grease. She looks good now and is ready for our Kentucky trip next week. Did the same thing to the truck this morning in spite of being mad at it lol. I got the injectors replaced and barely had it home 24 hours and the water pump went out on it. Ended up replacing the pump, belt, and stat this morning. Wasn't to bad and only took about two hours start to finish.
You cannot be prepared enough is my motto, there ain't nothing worse than braking down while on vaca. Great job!
At first I was annoyed about the water pump but after thinking about it I was happy it went out on me in my driveway vs halfway into Kentucky! Figured while I was I there I might as well do some preventative maintenance. She is running good now!
Absolutely not, lol! It will hit about 26-28 maybe 30 for a short time. I am thinking about putting a boost fooler on it to take it to35-40 but once you get close to 50 the head needs studs to keep it from popping the head. When i need to replace the turbo i want to twin it and stud the head
Good decision on those gauges. I had the same set in my 96. If you have any tuning, you want to keep an eye on those egt's and the trans temps. Especially towing that sweet camper!
I had already added the egt gauge 4 years ago when I bought the truck but just had it mounted on the center column. I purchased the pod and added the boost gauge/trans temp and then moved my egt to the pod. so far just running around it holds at about 160 on the transmission temp. I need to move a skidesteer tomorrow that weighs roughly 11,000 lbs plus the trailer so we will see what kind of temps/boost I get pulling it.
Trans temp will be an eye opener when you are pulling heavy. The oil you run and it's running temp is the difference between long, dead-reliable service and big $$ repairs.
Feel free to expound upon that Are you recommending a certain type of fluid? What would max temp on a tranny be I? I have heard and read to keep it below 215?
As most know, I am a big believer in synthetics. There are many good brands however, even tho I am partial to AMSOIL for most things involving lubrication. As far as a max? Every oil will tolerate a different amount of heat but every degree cooler equates to longer transmission life. Guys with more experience with your truck will have a better idea of where you should be running and what it needs to stay cooler but 215 sounds pretty reasonable to me.
The thing that always seem to be the problem on a trip pulling a trailer is bearings. When we go off on a trip, Campinspecter has usually overhauled the bearings before we go and we pack an extra bearing kit. So far the only use for the extra kit has been to help someone else out.