Defensive fortifications to keep out those pesky pestilent peasants. Or, just what I do for fun. Long way to go before I rest!! Ah, who’s kiddin who? I take it pretty easy
Why,,,that’s the gate!!! No sense in having a trebuchet that’s flings boiling oil if you don’t have a gate.
There's something very satisfying about having it in one long row. Put Christmas lights on it this winter?
bogydave's birch train! You could whitewash a design on the stacks, it would show up nicely in the moonlight.
Yes I’ve seen bogys train. Very nice. I actually thought about copying that but lazed out at the last minute. Been looking myself. There’s some lights you can run off a 12 volt battery. Also solar. I think I’d go with solar. I need my batteries
Do you string the top of your wood stacks? It’s ok to be honest, this is a safe place! On a serious note, great job! Really looks nice. How does the saying go?....wood stacks make good neighbors
I don't know, that stack on the left has one little divot that could use a small split. 1/1000 point deduction there. That's really excellent looking work jo191145 !
Thats a thing of beauty Joe. If you continue stacking to the West and i work my way East we could meet at the Portland bridge.
Wait wait. Don’t grade me on that left stack. That’s the hickory. I had to add on and up several times as every time I went in the woods I found another hickory tree Yeah that ones a real mess.
wuhwoh. I’m heading East. That’s ok. Always a solution. You keep going East and when you hit my pile just follow it and we’ll have some nice lobsters in RI. Haven’t been to Newport in about 8 years but I’m not banned or anything. We’ll just stay out of the post office
Stacks look pretty tight from where the pic was taken. Is this the beginning of the 3 years for that wood? Nice view..... to look out and see that!
yep, that’s exactly what it is. Three years plus pile. One and two years are off to the side. First time getting this far ahead. The newly cleaned field edges seemed like a great place to stack. More sunlight
Thanks Dennis. I like it too. As midwinter said making one long one looks impressive. Looks great from the road, little more than 200 yards away. whacked some more logs this morning. I do it in small batches instead of just cutting for days, splitting for days etc.