In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Maybe I should ask my wife to clean out her junk drawer.

NortheastAl, Chvymn99, bogieb and 6 others like this.
  2. Backwoods Savage

Best to hold off a few more days. The damp weather might call for a fire.

NortheastAl, Chvymn99, bogieb and 5 others like this.
  3. Backwoods Savage

I posted this somewhere else too. It is frustrating.

Geeze, in MI it has been difficult to even buy garden seeds. We had not planned on having a garden this year because it is getting to be a bit too much physically for my wife and I. However, due to the BS with the virus scare, we did end up ordering some seed out of WI. It was shipped in 2 packages. Fortunately the first package was taters and we got those planted the day after they came. But, the second package was supposed to be delivered last Monday. We are still waiting. Seems it left one facility in WI and has not been seen since. Today I decided to call the post office. "Sorry Sir but we're having a big problem because of the virus. But your package should show up within the next week or two." Time to go back to Pony Express?

NortheastAl, Chvymn99, bogieb and 8 others like this.
  4. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Thanks it was good!!!!
    12 monkeys tonight :yes:

5. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Came about a foot from a serious car accident. Would have been my fault:jaw:
    Driving down road at 40 mph coming unto T intersection with US highway and a flipping mouse crawled up into my shoe. I am not afraid of mice but that was a DISTRACTION. 2 mouse traps in car now!!

6. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

I feel ya!
    When we were kids my cousin and I were in the neighbors silo shooting rats with pellet co2 pellet guns. It was empty except for a couple feet of old corn silage...we were poking around when suddenly the whole place exploded with hundreds of mice all at once! It was like something out of a horror movie! We both screamed and pranced like little girls when they started climbing our pant legs...inside and out! :eek: :faint: :rofl: :lol:

7. JWinIndiana

JWinIndiana

The local feed mill owner would let boys in the bottom of the mill to grab rats by their tails and snap their necks. Not for me! He didn't want BB guns or anything down there so I was out. I have started using the metal mouse traps that catch more than one. Have them in a couple of the old farm trucks, dang mice at inopportune times make for accidents for sure!

8. Horkn

Horkn

Good thing it wasn't a MOOSE. Another good thing that you were able to avoid any collision!

9. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Moose would not fit in car!! I know A4464EFE-2A52-49C4-99EF-857ADA263AFC.jpeg

10. yooperdave

yooperdave

C'mon mow.....just look at what you can do with a little planning! And there's still room in the car!

[​IMG]

11. yooperdave

yooperdave

We received our stimulus checks finally. :rootintootin:

We kept looking for them in our accounts but they came in the mail instead......

12. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

NOT a good plan;)

13. Marshel54

Marshel54

In the mail? I hope mine comes. Had a little problem with income tax return which I believe is straighten out. If GVT would send my stimulus or income tax return I will not have to withdraw money from the saving to live the next 4 months.
    My wife showed me a chart from her FB that listed when by the last name they would be sent.. According to the chart ours is 3 weeks away. What letter does your name start with Yooper?

14. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

LOL I still have a lot I could be doing, but I bought a vent brush the other day so I can finally get that off my list.

15. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

Went to Costco this afternoon. The meat case looked like it had been raided. I don’t know if we are going to have meat shortages or not, but I bought up what I could.

16. Smokinpiney

Smokinpiney

Started workin on the porch railing this afternoon. Ended up getting two sections done by dark. Gotta get the railings up and get er screened in before the skeeters come out in full force. We've been lucky it's been colder than average.

Attached Files:

17. Horkn

Horkn

I hit up my local grocery store after my online order with a different chain had no stock of pork ribs.

I walked in with a basket, beelined to the meat Dept, and got 2 ribeye steaks, 2 packs of ribs, shrimp, and a big pack of chicken legs.

There was more in stock meat wise than I've seen in a while.

I think we'll all see rolling availability of certain cuts and meats for a couple weeks.

18. Horkn

Horkn

I got my tensioner pulley loosened up and pivoting on my mower deck. I'll mount it back onto the tractor hopefully tomorrow if it ever lets up from raining.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  19. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

That may be the case, but it is concerning when looked at in the context of TP and other shortages. It’s been almost impossible to find bread flour or yeast locally and it’s being price gouged online on sites like Amazon.

20. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

Wifey bought a lawn edger at Menards today, Started putting it together tonight...should have it up amd running by Christmas! Did not look, but I am guessing it was manufactured in the East if you know what I mean!!