In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Marshel54

Marshel54

6 liter

2. bogieb

bogieb

Wow - you just went to town on those chores! I sometimes miss stacking wood. But then when I stack pellets I remember how buggy and dirty the wood was and I'm over it.

3. Horkn

Horkn

The one I have, would work, assuming that's a gas. I was a little off. My model will do 5.5l diesel and 7 liter gas. They make bigger ones if you'd need it.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07BGRN4TF/ref=ya_aw_oh_bia_dp?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Still $70 though for the one I have.

They'll charge up cell phones as well as have lights and emergency flashers too.

But yeah, a quick battery disconnect is a smart and cheap idea.

4. fishingpol

fishingpol

There is a guy nearby who has all oak in his piles. Neat as a pin. Mine are a huge mix of whatever hits the ground.

5. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

This is a record for me. End of April, and I have all of 20-21's firewood stacked and covered as of today. Just will need to go in the shed later in the fall so its accessible.

I need to burn all the old pallets tomorrow, then start stacking the oak for 23-24 where those pallets come out of.

6. ole

ole

No fuel other than some oak. It was only an 8” diameter spruce. Wife was pizz ed when she saw me whack it. It’s my fault that poor tree met it’s demise. I planted it in the wrong spot. It blocked my view of the deer and turkeys when I sit in the shed. But in my defense I did hug it before the stihl did the job,,

7. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

8. Midwinter

Midwinter

IMG_20200426_56541.jpg

Eric VW, NortheastAl, Horkn and 10 others like this.
  9. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    No rain this morning so headed out for a walk. After breakfast when we get back it will be work in the garden if there is no rain or in the sewing room if it is raining. So many projects to do. Looks like I still have tulips so the rain has kept whatever was at them at bay. I have a hoya blooming in the kitchen and it smells great.

10. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Will take a walk in back in a little bit to see if peach blossoms opened up yet.

Chvymn99, bogieb, NortheastAl and 6 others like this.
  11. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Just watched an hour of Hee Haw on the re-run channel...been forever since I've seen that show...just as cheesy as I remember :rofl: :lol:

12. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

:drool:

I've never had one bloom, sounds wonderful! I need to repot mine, it's been a crock I did not drill enough drain holes in. It's from a cutting at a party in 1988 or 89.

13. Horkn

Horkn

Walking and measuring/ finding the lot matters for my wood shed, I get back inside, and felt something I didn't like on my leg. Deer tick.
    20200426_135248.jpg
    It met a fiery demise.

We never used to have them here in SE Wisconsin. Well at least a couple (2-3) years ago at most. This isn't even brush where I was.

14. Brandon Scott

Brandon Scott

About the time you got out of high school...

15. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Ha!! Yes, high school party. I lived with my Beloved Dad (RIP) in HS and $$ was tight, we nurtured that little cutting. Then when he and his new wife bought a house they put above the bathtub and it went CRAZY!! So, technically mine is a cutting of that cutting (when I moved out in 89), but what wonderful memories <3
    Where's the gushing heart emojies?

16. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

How about a pic. Never heard of one.

17. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

I plucked one off my daughter this morning and fed it to the firepit.

The rain held out far longer than I expected today. I cleared the area where I'm going to stack all the split wood. The pallets I pulled out were way too wet to burn, so they were stacked to dry out. Got to spend some time tending to the fire too. Burnt a ton of splitter trash and peeled bark. I'm feeling it now, but alcohol is helping my back.

18. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Been working on wood piles 8 am coffee include dusting of all boots with pyrmthean

19. Horkn

Horkn

Ok, off to look at the mower deck. Hopefully I can sharpen the blades.

20. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Lord, give me patience with my healing
    By Pastor Mark Jeske

One of the great mysteries of life as a Christian is our lack of understanding of God’s divine timetable. Why does he do what he does? Why doesn’t he do what we need, what we’ve been asking for, what obviously would make our lives better? Satan massages our doubts about our Father’s wisdom, capability, and love. If we are struggling with need, pain, or disease, and nothing is happening, then logically God must be unloving or unwise or powerless or maybe all three.

One of the greatest outbursts of divine compassion took place at a spring-fed public pool in Jerusalem near the Sheep Gate. “Here a great number of disabled people used to lie—the blind, the lame, the paralyzed. One who was there had been an invalid for thirty-eight years” (John 5:3,5). Jesus asked that man if he wanted to be well. Duh!? Do you suppose he would have preferred another 38 years of immobility? “Get up! Pick up your mat and walk,” said the Savior (verse 8). And he did. In fact, he probably ran.

That dear man had waited 38 years for his miracle. Truth be told, many hundreds of thousands of people will spend their whole lives on earth with a disability and will die with it. We can glorify God both ways—through our struggles and through our healing. I am convinced that our joy and delight in heaven will be in direct proportion to our sufferings on this earth.

I can’t wait to meet that man in heaven.